Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analog to digital

• 04-01-2001 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Is there ne way to convert them. i am willing to buy a convrter but i cant find one newhere. is it even posibal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

With regard to what?? Sound, video, what??

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yes it is a funny sort of post isn't it?
    Maybe he means data over telephone wires?
    ISDN etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Must not be that important since he hasnt replied in days....

John

[This message has been edited by Lump (edited 07-01-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Soz ive been having troubly getting boards on. Neways It is a 4.5 on a computer to a h-fi optical digital syatem. I heard that it was possible but i cant find a converter newhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

4.5 what on the computer? There is no point converting analog sound output from your computer to a digital (optical) input in your Hi-fi.

If, on the other hand, you want to connect CD digital audio from your CD-ROM to a hi-fi, you can do it with an SB LiveDrive2 (see my query further down this discussion). You can also build you own cheap alternative with a Sharp GP1F32T - this electronic component will convert the digital output from your sound card to optical (digital). They are available at Simon Corner http://www.sc-elec.demon.co.uk

BTW - what are you using to post - a WAP phone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement