Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Tuner Card advice

• 05-01-2001 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Whats good ?
    How much ?
    Where ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

i have a wintv go card, i got it from maplin in feb of last year, its a basic card there are better ones there. this one only has mono sound and no raido???. its good and going through a sblive you realy dont notice that its mono.

ps......at the time it cost me 50 pound

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Out of interest, has anyone succeeded in getting any of the software based TV decoders to work on scrambled NTL channels?MoreTV etc.

Sonic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lphchild:
    Out of interest, has anyone succeeded in getting any of the software based TV decoders to work on scrambled NTL channels?MoreTV etc.

Sonic
    </font>

Where did you get them from as i would like to try them out.

Win95/98/ME: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
    to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor
    written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

i have the wintv aswell there pretty **** + u have to get up to change channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

the five or so decoders i found where all in german.......so no frown.gif

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Out of interest, has anyone succeeded in getting any of the software based TV decoders to work on scrambled NTL channels?MoreTV etc.</font>

I can't see you having any success in decoding the Irish NTL cable channels from using standard 'off the net' software decoders such as Voyager, Xcrypt and Windecrypt etc, for a start their mainly geared towards the main encryption systems used by European Satellite TV providers, systems such as the ones using SECA, MEDIAGUARD, VIACCESS, IRDETO Conditional Access Modules (CAM's) etc.

They do make hacks for certain cable systems throughout Europe, but it's stuff that interests them, their not going to bother at hobby level to rip keys out of a card continously to keep up with encryption changes on an encryption thats probably only used in Ireland, although it's likely that NTL would be using the same encryption system here as they do in the UK but not necessarily the same algorithm.

I'm not sure what CAM NTL are using here it's probably DigiCipher II but I don't have a cable box here, if one of you have pop down the cover and pull out the CAM, it'll be written on it what system it is. However don't confuse the two, a hack on a particular system doesn't mean a complete compromise of it, programs like Windecrypt that might work on a particular system like say SECA still have to have working keys inputted on a regular basis as the service providers will change keys every time their hacked.

In short no ones gonna bother their a$$ going to all this trouble for such a small subscriber cable system like Irish NTL either commercial pirates or hobbiests.

Blade

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well heres a page I made a few months ago about Satellite Internet and Pay TV channel hardware:

http://www.esatclear.ie/~lorenzo/dvb/

It should clear everything up for you as it's in English wink.gif

Nearly all the Euro digital packages out there have been compromised so it's handy enough to get regular key updates off the net, this page will explain what hardware you need to get started for the best setup, if you want further information on where to get the hardware or software give me a shout and I'll send you all my 'Sat' links by mail.

Blade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Cheers for that Blade. Clears up the confusion smile.gif...i'm currently thinking about getting a dish(for satellite internet and tv), hopefully i'll have more success with that(not that i'm relying on it just messin about really).
    For anyone interested these links are ok as a starting point...be prepared to use babelfish if your german in rusty.

http://members.nbci.com/pctv/_XMCM/pctv/web/index.html

http://hacktv.metropoli2000.com/moretv.htm

lph(AKA Dublin Sonic(soon to be London))

Advertisement