Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many ISDN connections are there?

Options
  • 13-02-2002 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Does anyone know how many ISDN customers there are in Ireland -and what percentage are in Dublin?

Any info (and a source if possible) would be great.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Haven't got a link to hand, but if you look at the most recent review of the telecoms sector on http://www.odtr.ie you should find stats for ISDN in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭triple-play

Thanks Fergus, I did try there already but I was unable to find details on ISDN subscriber numbers. Some documents and press releases but nothing with numbers and mostly quite old.

If you come across anything I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

One of these might help?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

From page 7 of http://www.odtr.ie/docs/odtr0193.doc
    The ODTR SME survey shows the growing importance of ISDN with 56% of respondents saying they had ISDN compared to only 38% in 2000. The predominant method for accessing the Internet is via a dial up connection (52%). ISDN is used by 39% of respondents.
    Oftel’s survey on SME use of Internet shows that 73% of UK SMEs access the Internet via a dial up connection while ISDN is used by 28%.

The number of ISDN access channels has increased from approximately 258,000 at the end of June to approximately 270,000 access channels at the end of September 2001, which represents an increase of approximately 5%. The number of ISDN access channels has increased by approximately 32% in the last 12 months. The proportion of ISDN as a percentage of total access paths is now 6%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭triple-play

Thanks to both of you. This information has solved my problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement