Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net watcher utility

• 08-01-2001 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hallo folks...

Quick question, this one - can anyone recommend a Windows NT equivalent of the Windows 95/98 Net Watcher utility?

Cheers in advance smile.gif

bard2.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ok- someone (I forget who) sent me a link to a program on download.com - unfortunately this one was for administering a Netware server from any client on the network. All I want to be able to do is to monitor connections to my own machine, see what shares are in use, what files are being copied to/from my own workstation, etc. - just like net watcher does in win95/98.

...anyone? ... there must be a free utility around somewhere that does it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Use the Server option in NT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

look around, nt is full of built in network monitoring stuff. Thats one of the advantages of it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Use the Server option in NT? </font>

This is NT Workstation 4.0 I'm talking about here... what server option are you talking about, Hobbes?

Re-installing the O/S is NOT an option, btw...

oh well... nobody here has a conclusive answer, I'll just have to ask elsewhere.

Cheers anyway,

-Bard-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you have admin on an nt4 machine, I'll bet theres options in control panel for monitoring the network.

• Advertisement

Sorry... yes... obvious answer is 'Hobbes was right'... assuming he meant the "Server" control panel applet.

Haven't played much with control panel in NT you see, - my machine just generally 'works' so I haven't had cause to wink.gif

Nice one...

bard2.gif

Advertisement