Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Video problems amonst other things..

• 13-02-2002 10:38pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

I have found my computer today to be completely useless. My video is extremely terrible and everytime I change viewing properties up from 16 color it tells me to restart which I do but nothing changes. Same goes for resolution which is now at a minimum. I have a nVidia GeForce2 MX400 and have reinstalled the drivers to no avail. I also noticed that the startup menu had nearly everthing unticked in MSCONFIG which is not the way it was yesterday. Is it possible I got a virus? NAV doesn't notice it and was updated recently.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

One other thing.

How can I restore the registry to an older setting? I had to do it before with Gateway tech support but can't remember how:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

mite aswell tell ya before someone else does
    What kind of pc/os are ya running?
    Make solving the problem easier

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've a Gateway PC with Win98SE. Thankfully I have been assisted in fixing the problem. What I had to do was remove video card in Device Manager, Restart and let the PC find new hardware and reload drivers. Worked a treat. Thanx to Logic1!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

And the wonder of IRC/email :)

Upgrade to Win2k as soon as you can m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

For future reference to restore the reg you restart in ms dos mode, and at the prompt run scanreg.. let it search and then view backups.. select a date/time it was working and hey presto!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

you might have zztop app on your pc, its like a early version of windows restore, you have to start dos (won't work under dos prompt in win) & just type zztop, then follow the onscreen procs
    could be worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I don't care

Advertisement