Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posessed mouse

• 14-02-2002 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

OK this is weird... I worked in one company until recently.. and every now and again i would take my hand off my mouse to type and sometimes the cursor would run amok and move across the screen (any application) and then sort of settle down but still move slightly! Im now in a different company with different computer and different mouse (same type of mouse though.. MS intellipoint wheel mouse!) and the same sh!t is happening..

Anyone else notice this kind of behavior? Only answer if you were sober at the time please and no its not a hacker or some crap like that.. it stops once i touch the mouse..

Im wondering could it be some kind of static discharge from my hand or some weird thing like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Yeah in my last company mine use to do some weird stuff too but its fine here.

Maybe its just your ora - your projection is distorting that around you !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You leave my Aura out of this...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I had the same thing, I cut the cable and the mouse, soon stopped it
    Problem is that i cannot use my mouse, it is a Gateway...EvilGeorge will my boot disk help??

hehe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Have seen this happen to IBM Thinkpads amongst others. On laptops it was the keyboard pointing device recallibrating itself and would stop after a few seconds (this still happens with an external mouse attatched to the laptop). If it's a desktop, what's the make and model?

• Advertisement

as i said its a desktop pc with MS intellipoint wheel mouse! The model of PC is a Gateway E3200 in both cases.

I'll boot disk up your ass!

Eh im not that kind of huy.. look you obviously have serious questions about your sexualty from other threads so keep your floppy disk to yourself and i dont want nothing to do with your hard disk!

Do you have dreams about queer cyborgs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

EvilGeorge thou art a muppet...
    Yeah in my last company mine use to do some weird stuff too but its fine here.

Maybe its just your ora - your projection is distorting that around you !

I'll boot disk up your ass!

Do you have dreams about queer cyborgs ?

Stop posting crap

• Advertisement

Yeah what StrataGIST said!

flamingmuppet.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

First proper reply to the topic :rolleyes:

Keep an eye on your phone. Someone had posted here before who had noticed some strange movement every time the mobile rang. Seems possible. Some mobiles have serious interference. MY bro's ericcsson makes the buzzy noise in my speakers from the other side of the house!!! I'm quite scared of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...does the mouse actually move, or is it just the pointer? (Sometimes the cables drape in a specific way at the back of my desk and the mouse just takes off away from me when I let go of it - I had to resort to taping the cable down!)

Also:
    Optical or Ball mouse?
    PS/2 or USB?

Gadget

StrataGIST unfortunately you dont have the pleasure of knowing Saruman, you would understand if you did - trust me.

Evilgeorge your not making sense...

back on topic...

Gadget.. the mouse pointer moves.. not the mouse.. in all cases they are PS/2 and its not the cable.. they are secure.. Dont know what causes it.. oh and its a ball mouse! Your standard intellipoint wheel mouse.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Saruman,

I have this very problem at home with the same type of mouse (MS intellimouse mechanical, with Gateway badge).
    It must be a bug of some sort, or maybe cheap sh!t potentiometers in them.
    My usual remedy is to give it a good bang off the desk, it gets te message and behaves.

I sometimes get a "no mouse found" message when windows boots.
    Do you ever get that ?

No my mouse is always found.. and always works.. it stops moving once i so much as touch it!

maybe there are tiny mocroscopic creatures living in these mice that move and the ball then moves on the mouse but the mouse itself stays still? no? feir enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

wierd i have that problem with my mouse to. it even happens with my nice new ms optical mouse. must be a problem with some gateways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

My usual remedy is to give it a good bang off the desk

then-
    I sometimes get a "no mouse found" message when windows boots.

mmm...I wonder why......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I get that the odd time aswell with my mouse, Intelli ball-mouse from Gateway. Haven't a clue what it could be.

• Advertisement

tee hee..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Explanations given by Microsoft, which they say have been found to cause the problem.

Faulty Serial/Mouse port.
    Faulty Mouse
    Vibration on desk surface.

Gateway will deny the first, Microsoft will deny the second and desks, well they just never give you an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If ur in a company/office it might be mobile phones alright. The buggers cause a lot of interference. Wobbling onscreen, mainly the cursor, or text.

only happens in work actually.. but mobiles not going off at the time.. and when they do i cant see i ever noticed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...it doesn't sound like a mechanical problem (clogged wheels, dirty rollers etc.), and it doesn't sound like it's a fault in the actual mouse... what kind of equipment do you have that transmits on radio frequencies? The mobile phone avenue has been explored, but have you other equipment, such as wireless TV extenders, FM cordless headphones, a microwave oven (?) that sort of thing, near the PC?

Have you the subwoofer from your sound system (assuming your PC has one) on your desk?

Curiouser and curioser...
    Gadget

There is an issue on some Gateway laptops where a ms/wheel mouse is plugged into the ps/2 port the pointer will jump erratically all over the screen.

Is there a difference between the ms/wheel drivers and the ones used by windows (I know the obvious they are the same company) but why do they have a seperate driver pack ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Outofit

Humn , I wonder does it have anything to do with Evilgeorge being under the desk giving Saruman a blowjob and accidentally moving the mouse cable ?? It's as probable as everything else thats been said ?

Outofit you dont know me very well do you... you are not who you claim to be... you are confused and have serious issues...

You are...
    troll.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Outofit

Wow , that hit the button , I don't hear Evilgeorge complaining ? Oh sorry I forgot , he's to busy under the desk !:p :p:p

• Advertisement

Surely you could do something better with your Day off! Im sure you have better things to do shmoogan

Advertisement