Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posessed mouse

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

So you're becoming a full nerdy basterd now signing in from home - we only do this at work to keep the bordem factor down.
    Dont get your keys too sticky on your day off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Outofit

?? I'm now lost ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yup we allready know you are having strange fantasies about Evilgeorge under the desk

q2eer.jpg

Originally posted by Outofit
    ?? I'm now lost ?

I see.. cant help you there...
    cranialrectal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Outofit

?? I'm now lost ?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Outofit
    Wow , that hit the button , I don't hear Evilgeorge complaining ? Oh sorry I forgot , he's to busy under the desk !:p :p:p

This is not how to stay a member of the boards.. especially for a NOO-B

This is what happens
    12clicked.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Originally posted by Saruman
    OK this is weird... I worked in one company until recently.. and every now and again i would take my hand off my mouse to type and sometimes the cursor would run amok and move across the screen (any application) and then sort of settle down but still move slightly! Im now in a different company with different computer and different mouse (same type of mouse though.. MS intellipoint wheel mouse!) and the same sh!t is happening..

Anyone else notice this kind of behavior? Only answer if you were sober at the time please and no its not a hacker or some crap like that.. it stops once i touch the mouse..

Im wondering could it be some kind of static discharge from my hand or some weird thing like that?
    Only 0.01 percent of the population have this power.It's kinda cool ie.yuo can kill someone while shaking their hand,switch tv channels without the remote etc. It has something to do with an abnomal amount of electricity in their nerves.

Thats right SHAMAN all shall bow down and serve me! The wizard SARUMAN

My first command SHAMAN is to do some weird voodoo thing on Outofit.. needs to learn the error of his ways and the boards do no tolerate muppetry of this kind!

No voodoo's too messy.What you need to do is stick a nice sharp knife between his shoulder blades.
    (Note:SHAMAN has become temporariarly schitzophrenic but will continue to be his strange self momentarily)

And as my sig says I'm back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Could be any number of things.

- Radio interference

- Optical mice will cause a cursor to move sometimes. I found the MS mouse to do this a lot.

- You could have auto-move on (whatever it's called) where the mouse will automatically jump to a button.

- Could be someone running a remote terminal software (eg. VNC) thinking there's no one at the keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

got it too with an optical
    dont think we going to get an answer here.
    tho the flaming is quite ammusing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

If your running win2k you need to experiment with the sample and input buffer rates in the mouse properties. Changing these should solve the problem for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Saruman, you truely are a fuckwit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

No one has considered a trojan! It could be someone messing with your head! I must admit i've done it a few times just to annoy someone! Great fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

This has started happening to me as well, funnily enough it only started happening soon after I got ADSL installed. I have a funny feeling a stranger may have an interest in my hard drive. :mad: Although Zone Alarm doesn't report any problems when it happens...

Anyone else notice it happening when they are online?

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

OK this is weird... I worked in one company until recently.. and every now and again i would take my hand off my mouse to type and sometimes the cursor would run amok and move across the screen (any application) and then sort of settle down but still move slightly! Im now in a different company with different computer and different mouse (same type of mouse though.. MS intellipoint wheel mouse!) and the same sh!t is happening..

Happened to me too. Mouse basically decided it didnt like me anymore and told me to piss off by trying to delete my Deus Ex,copy bout 200 megs of files and have a gander in as many folders as possible. Needless the say I shrieked like a woman when it tried to do the first thing on list and gave it a jolly good bashing,threw it across the room,kicked it a good bit,yelled at it,disgraced its mothers name,threathened cruifixition,compared it to Amp,etc,etc

In relation to the problem I just got a new mouse. Prob solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just a stupid question really (roll on the flame cards :D)

Are you accidentally standing on any cables that could be snagged up with the mouse cable?

Or have a mobile sitting near the mouse with a serious vibra-alert battery that would do a jack-hammer proud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

This has happened in WinNT SP6 for me too.
    Possessed little mouse, slowly inching its way up the screen, then sliding back down, then going up again.
    I just laugh and continue typing "MS SUX" in Pico. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nucular

Originally posted by Samson
    Saruman,
    (MS intellimouse mechanical, with Gateway badge).

I sometimes get a "no mouse found" message when windows boots.
    Do you ever get that ?

Not myself but have seen it on a friends gateway twice in the last couple of months.
    He has AMD 850 processor with AMD Oxnard mobo thingy!! or something close to that anyway.

If you have the same setup and take a CD out while it is shutting down it should reproduce and you won't be able to detect it again until the damn thing is taken out of it's socket and put back in. (at least that's what I have seen). He also has a mouse which seems to randomly move the pointer (extremely small amounts) so they could be related I s'pose..

Confusing the sh** out of me it is but it's not really that big a problem..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by viking
    This has started happening to me as well, funnily enough it only started happening soon after I got ADSL installed. I have a funny feeling a stranger may have an interest in my hard drive. :mad: Although Zone Alarm doesn't report any problems when it happens...

Anyone else notice it happening when they are online?

viking

Update: Disable "Server" in Services if you are using W2K...

viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My suggestions:

Pressure on the mouse sensors (loose / dirt)

Vibration (people / traffic / mobile phones on vibrate)

Electrical interference (cables / unshielded cables / snagged cables / mobile phones pinging base antenna)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

sorry i got bored reading the replys ... actually got bored reading about the problem.. so any did ya say u were in a company both time or at home, if in work maybe someones playing around with ya... u can take control of someone's else's comp if they're networked..... whats that called again? anyway i gotta go drink more cofffeeee now bye bye :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

azezil thou are a muppet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

coffee rush coffee coffee coffeeedddeeea wfkjsdaklfjhas;l ahhh

Advertisement