Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Source for Cheap DVD RW discs

• 14-02-2002 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Currently whats stopping me from buying a DVD RW drive is the price of the media.

Anyone know where I can get cheap media ? I'm wondering how the people in China and Taiwan can make pirated dvds and sell them for $2. Theres obviously a source somewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Well China and Taiwan are always a good deal cheaper than Eire for things of this nature. I agree DVD media prices are insane at the moment but for what it is maybe this price is inline with other media. It does hold an awful lot afterall but I'm sure after the novelty wears off prices will drop.

.logic.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MG

Think it was Scan or Dabs with cheapish prices for both writers and media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Make sure you get a DVD+RW . '-'RW is older/less compatible with home players and is barely support. The '+' format is the way of the future...although more expensive at the mo.
    Full details at DVDplusRw.org if you haven't already looked. The cheapest I've found 4,7Gb +RW disks for is $12.95 online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

g'man creed i was wondering wtf sll this -, + and / lark was :)

the Philips deal on Scan's today page looks very nice indeed, another weeks and another price drop and it will be mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Nice one, thanks guys.

Damien

• Advertisement
Advertisement