Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favourite sci-fi movie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blade Runner
    Planet of the Apes (1968)
    The Terminator
    Alien + Aliens
    Mad Max 2
    Things to Come (1936)
    The Incedible Shrinking Man (1956)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

A L I E N

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Fidelis
    What is everyones fascination with Blade Runner? I saw it for the first time on TG4 about 2 weeks ago and I was quite dissapointed. It wasn't anymore spectacular than a run of the mill cop drama or an episode of Star Trek.

Keep in mind this movie was first released in 1982. If you hadn't seen it until recently, then you'd have already seen every original idea in it spun-off in heaps of movies and series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Alien... or, no.. The Terminator... or maybe Star Wars V.. or IV..... oh, wait.. Bladerunner (Sp. Ed.); deffo.

...then again, what about 2001??!...

and, of corse, R.O.T.O.R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Fidelis
    What is everyones fascination with Blade Runner? I saw it for the first time on TG4 about 2 weeks ago and I was quite dissapointed. It wasn't anymore spectacular than a run of the mill cop drama or an episode of Star Trek.

Blade Runner is art! Not a shoot 'em up action spectacular, which is how Orion Pictures tried to sell the film on its 1982 release, no wonder it flopped at the time....

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Event Horizon is probably my favourite.
    Is Cube the one where all the people are trapped inside this big cube and they all have a specific skill that when they work together they can get out? Like there was a cop and an autistic(sp) guy and an escape artist and so on. If that is the film then yeah I really like that too, wouldnt mind seeing it again.
    I have to say I didnt like Bladerunner at all, twas a bit boring IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Bladerunner
    Alien
    The Cube
    Akira
    Aliens
    Dune
    Mad Max
    Forbidden Planet
    The day the earth stood still
    Invasion of the bodysnatchers (Donald Sutherland version)
    War of the World (1950's clasic)
    The Fly (1950's ver.)
    Total Recall (as it's a very good movie of a philip K. dick short story)
    The Last Startfighter (clasic 80's :)

saying blade runner is like any movie is that’s like when a girl I know said that she did not see what the big deal was with Casablanca as it was so corny as it had all been done before. They are the originals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

preditor 1
    Aliien 2
    T2
    Cube
    Hellraiser (more horror but still sci-fi)
    Pitch black
    Star wars?
    Mad max trilogy (the second one was the best IMO)
    im not sure if this counts (its an interactive movie) but Wingcommander. Not the actually movie but the 4 CD pack.
    Blade Runner. All of 'em. end sequence of directors cut is a classic.

Advertisement