Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Fans?

• 14-02-2002 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

I have an AMD athlon 1700+ on an Epox 8kha+ mobo and im using a Thermalright SK6 heatsink and fan, which does the job great don't get me wrong it keeps all nice and cool but its as loud as feck!...its not too bad when im playing games or loud music is on cuz i can't hear it but i sleep with the pc about 1 and a half feet from my head and it runs all night playing nice soft choonz and doing some work for me...hehe...I see there is a fan here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Other_CPU_and_System_Coolers_18.html called the "Zalman Flower" which is suppose to be silent and am considering getting it but i'd like to know what its like first of all....has anyone used it or got it? or is there other more quieter coolers out there?....cheers

Farlz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Previous thread

Not much there, but better than nothing. I found it awkward to install on my friends PC but if the cooling is good, I wouldn't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i got a cooler-master in maplin for £40

it isnt labled so you have to look for it. It has a really small quiet fan and a big cube shaped heat-sink.

my ghZ runs at 30 to 40 degrees and its 3 times quieter than it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

sk6 is an excellent heatsink. Before ditching it, try it with a ystech 26 cfm fan. It will run slightly hotter but much quieter. Also ensure you have good ventilation in your case, run case fans on 7 volts for quietness if they are too loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

A very good option that will lower the noise without sacrificing performance is to get a quiet 80mm fan, YsTechs again are quite good, and an 80mm-60mm comverter duct - the size will allow it to push as much air as a much louder 60mm. I did this with my old SK6 and it was very quiet and effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

You could try looking here...QuietPC.com
    I got 2 of the radial fans in my machine, and they are practically silent.

Note, you must have good airflow through your case to maintain efficient cooling - there should be plenty of threads on the HWTweaking board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

....What about the new TS Zen cooler at www.theoverclockingstore.com

tis under cooling:other manufacurer

Advertisement