Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this Possible In vBulletin 2 ??

• 14-02-2002 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

See feature here...
    http://www.total-impact.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=512

Its a quick answer form at the bottom of a thread, looks quite handy actually-
    It says they are using Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.2 and vbPortal© 3.0b and we are on vBulletin Version 2.2.1 though?? Can it be enabled though??

Also Please Note from the above link....
    Lets Learn from what happens when you allow Custom Avatars!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah, it is, it's just a hack. You can get lots of hacks on the www.vbulletin.org website. One I wish Cloud would install is the modified vbcode.js, which places vB Code tags and smilies at the cursor location, instead of at the end of the message. How about it Cloud?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

modified vbcode.js, which places vB Code tags and smilies at the cursor location, instead of at the end of the message
    That would be handy alright.

As well, The Quick Answer Form would arguably make boards even faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Oh no, don't do it! It'll only encourage spam! Think of the spam! Oh won't somebody think of the spam?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was just gonna say that....it's a nice idea, but the potential for spam doesn't even bear thinking about :eek: We would have to increase the 20-second rule, at the very least.

I can see how it could take the guise of IRC but still useful.

We would just need to infintely increase the post counts of the usual Supects and then we can all enjoy even quicker boards:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i dont like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by 80project
    modified vbcode.js, which places vB Code tags and smilies at the cursor location, instead of at the end of the message
    That would be handy alright.

As well, The Quick Answer Form would arguably make boards even faster.

I have this running on Foot.ie if you don't have a problem registering for the site. G'wan, inflate the arse out of my membership figures, you know you want to. You might even learn something about footie while you're there! :)

adam

Good to see your in touch with you membership....

[Nudge, Nudge]

I registerered there last September....
    http://foot.ie/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=268

I've never posted but I do have a look around now and again!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Seems like a spamming device to me. Wonder how that would have worked in the now locked CS board ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by yellum
    Seems like a spamming device to me. Wonder how that would have worked in the now locked CS board ?
    *sigh*

Advertisement