Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband available cheap

Options
  • 14-02-2002 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

well i got into this ntl cable thingy and its pretty good ..35 € a month is not bad at all and some people still dont know that NTL are doin a cheap cble bradband...

any1 who didnt know and read this , i hope it helped!

n_mc_c@hotmail.com,
    niall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

hehe.. cable must be good!!! to go from this to this "well i got into this ntl cable thingy and its pretty good"

if i didnt hate suburbia soooo much, id possibly maybe move

dw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

it might be a good idea to establish a reference of user with broadband for ioffl records

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by R_Tribesman

any1 who didnt know and read this , i hope it helped!

Of course it didn't help!!!... you said nothing about the actual service at all!...

for example... what speed downloads are you getting... what pings are you getting to servers... what is the "QoS" in general... what kind of tech support do you get...

and, perhaps most importantlly, ... WHERE is this available? ... and WHO do I contact (and how do I contact them?) to sign up!?

Don't bother making just half a post... tell us the whole story or don't bother posting at all.

bards getting desperate it seems, we all know the service hes talking about,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think Bard was acting suitably confused Boston, given R_Tribesman's previous post. Seems a bit contradictory. Us mods on IO are a suspicious bunch when we see noobies coming in singing the praises of one service or other. Conspiracy theorists to a fault, us. :)

adam

• Advertisement

i just found it amusing,

god damn it tell me what it is

god damn it tell me how much it is

god damn it tell me how good it is

god damn it tell me were it is.

ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I think Bard was acting suitably confused Boston, given R_Tribesman's previous post. Seems a bit contradictory. Us mods on IO are a suspicious bunch when we see noobies coming in singing the praises of one service or other. Conspiracy theorists to a fault, us. :)

adam

er yes... that ... and I was a little drunk :)
    Originally posted by Boston

i just found it amusing,

god damn it tell me what it is

god damn it tell me how much it is

god damn it tell me how good it is

god damn it tell me were it is.

ha

eh... yeah- god damn it tell us SOMETHING at least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

Of course it didn't help!!!... you said nothing about the actual service at all!...

well here i go again ....
    i didnt supply more info because i thought idiots like u might have the sense to look up the NTL site!! (jk)

and in response to "dahmasta" in my last post i hadnt even got a try of NTL's cable but i tested it in my frined's house and now that i have tasted it i just cant get enough (hes my new best friend).

i am a newbie here, yes but i do think its brilliant for any1 who didnt know that it existed (and beleive me , people actually didnt know about it)

reply again and insult me again "dahmasa", but i was just stating it to people who didnt know..not to people like you who think they know everything because they have a good position in a cool organisation.

well here i go again .... i didnt supply more info because i thought idiots like u might have the sense to look up the NTL site!! (jk)

Does (jk) stand for "just kidding"? I hope so.

and in response to "dahmasta"

(It's 'dahamsta'. Says it there beside my post.)

in my last post i hadnt even got a try of NTL's cable but i tested it in my frined's house and now that i have tasted it i just cant get enough (hes my new best friend).

Fair enough. Try looking it from my point of view though. Seriously.

i am a newbie here, yes but i do think its brilliant for any1 who didnt know that it existed (and beleive me , people actually didnt know about it) reply again and insult me again "dahmasa"

Did I say there was anything wrong with newbies? We've all been newbies. I got the arse torn out of me when I posted on my first list, so I know how it feels. In other words, calling someone a newbie shouldn't automatically be viewed as an insult. Turn down the gain a little, eh?

but i was just stating it to people who didnt know..not to people like you who think they know everything because they have a good position in a cool organisation.

I don't know everything, and I reckon our membership would be able to pick out many a screw-up on my part. Please don't make assumptions about me. I'm glad you think my position is good and our organisation is cool though. Thanks.

I'm doing a Bard on this thread if it continues in this manner btw. Perhaps someone might like to contribute something of substance?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

yeh your right "dahamsta" (i think) .

its good to know they we are on the same lines of information instead of being enemies..if u know what i mean :-) ..lock this thread if u can because its going nowere...and i have opened this again in another thread

• Advertisement

Locked on request by thread starter. Appreciate it if you'd remove the "for people who insulted me" bit in your new post R_Tribesman, as well as the reference to me. Not a good way to start a thread. Let's just talk about comms, eh?

Thanks,
    adam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement