Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Openliner

Options
  • 15-02-2002 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Anyone remember the openline on fm104? It started in 1997 I think and ended in 1999. It was hosted by Greg Merryman and was after the phone show. It began as a serious follow on to the phone show. Callers could talk about any topic. Soon all sorts were calling and the show became a must every night Sunday to Thursday from 1:00am - 2:30. It was an hillarious show and attracted characters such as; Olive, Emmet, Slim Shady, Tony the monkey child, Barnaby harmesly , Lillet , Jamimah, Molly, and the wonderful Mary Shocolates. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Used to listen religiously, also I was on it a couple of times.

http://104.hypermart.net still has some recordings on it

ooooo halloween....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

My GOD I loved that show. More like it I say! But who was Greg Merryman really?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Were Tony the monkeychild and mary shocko insiders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

that show was excellent, I remember it well, all of the grand master pimps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

Originally posted by pugwall
    Were Tony the monkeychild and mary shocko insiders?

I think Jeremy who does something on the phoneshow now (also hosts the get it of yer chest with Adrian) was Tony. Listen to whenever he does an impression of someone with a squeaky voice. Sounds exactly like everyones favourite monkeychild. The openliner ruled. anyone remember the first time Tony was on it. Gimmee back my balloons Gimmee back my balloons Gimmee back my balloons Gimmee back my balloons..... and so on. That was when it started its course to what it became. I wish they brought it back. Made staying up until 2:30 when I had to get up at 8:00 worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

excellent laugh of a show.
    I loved it

But sadly its the only piece of programming that was bearable from that particular region on my fm band

The whotzit game after the openliner used to drive me mad.
    Ahhhh..........those were the days.........staying up till 3:30am on school nights:eek: (religiously)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by EL_Diablo

I think Jeremy who does something on the phoneshow now (also hosts the get it of yer chest with Adrian) was Tony. Listen to whenever he does an impression of someone with a squeaky voice. Sounds exactly like everyones favourite monkeychild. The openliner ruled. anyone remember the first time Tony was on it. Gimmee back my balloons Gimmee back my balloons Gimmee back my balloons Gimmee back my balloons..... and so on. That was when it started its course to what it became.

Jeremy is not Tony. I can't say who is, for fear of castration, but it's not Jeremy.

And that wasn't the first time Tony made an appearance - the very first time was around hallowe'en, when he repeatedly rang up, playing 'Amadeus' I think it's called and going 'ooooooo halloween' along to it. He called up 6 or 7 times (I remember almost pissing myself laughing) and eventually got bored and said "ah bollocks" and hung up. Thus began Tony Monkeychild's rise to fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Openline Ruled, i was on it a couple of times Anyone remember A band on it that gave out their website address, and our bassist started singing Ronan keating, We got LOADS of emails and stuff because of that.
    OPENLINE R.I.P

Bomb

Anyone have any info on Barnaby harmesly , Lillet , Jamimah and Mary Schocklates? I've a feeling that Mary was an insider.
    Remember Mary's cover version of chocolate salty balls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I was on it a couple of times too.
    I still have some of the shows on tape, I even had all the songs on mp3 but then I lost them all.
    **** I even had a website dedicated to it :]
    The Openline lived on quite a long time after on the net thru IRC but then it died when everyone started to hate each other and it all collapsed on itself.

Advertisement