Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brekky Conway

Options
  • 15-02-2002 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Steve Conway who did his final breakfast show this morning. Steve has been a legend in the promotion and encouragement of many young bands including my own. I look forward to his return in March when he does an evening slot.......

Anyway, thanks Steve for everything you've done so far for Otranome, Gigsmart and all the other bands around Dublin.

Much Respect, best of luck !

The drive inta work what be the same in the morning without ya, its like havin someone in the passenger seat all the way in (except when we get to the Shnkill by pass and ya fall out !!!)

Later - Trev M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Well, I can't see this post raising any arguments.

Fair play to Steve. I've enjoyed it all and will never understand how someone can kick off a show at 7am every morning without collapsing or going nuts somewhere along the way.

Thanks for everything

legend indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Many thanks steve, your one in a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

Cheers Steve,

Mornings just won't be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Yeah Thanx Steve for all the airplay and early morning humour !!!
    Hope to see you at the Sidewalk gig next week.
    Peace,
    kranog (Chris from Popstar)

http://popstar.2ya.com
    http://www.gigsmartireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I'll miss Steve's morning show like I'd miss an arm or a leg or some other fairly vital body part. Thanks for everything Steve - hopefully seeya Tuesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Sweet Jesus Steve...how can you leave us? Are we to be subjected to Ian Dempsey from here on in?

Thanks for the tunes, Steve...it's been beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Seprico

cheers for the choons and all the support.......

till next time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

yeah,it was always great waking up to steve;
    him and pearl KNOW what the j!ve is in the morning;thanks alot steve;
    you always played my requests....then again i always requested presence till i got the album.

6:59 sounds weird!but it is a rawkus tune;i can imagine it being a mosh-favourite at witnness this year.

J!ve it lads.

c u at wilt tonight?
    steve;
    you are the man;i bestow the honourary lordly title upon thou;

Lord of the Morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Huge thanks you to all of you, and to everyone who contributed so much by texting in every morning. My girlfriend says that following the ups and downs of the lives of the regular texters made it into an interesting cross between a music show and a soap :)

I've enjoyed doing the show tremendously, and wouldn't leave except for the fact that my work responsibilities now demand my attention at that time of day.

I may have been the voice on air, but the show was very much a team effort: Paul Clarke deserves special mention for being a stand-in and winner-puller (!) and for not minding when I called him at 7am with technical problems. Pete Reed DID mind being woken but helped and supported nonetheless, Sinister was mentor to the show, and Alison was the brains behind all the competitions, and did all the leg-work organising the prizes etc.

I'm really looking forward to my new spot on Friday nights from March 1st, and hope to see you all there.

Thanks you all again for your support, and for the guy who said that he "will never understand how someone can kick off a show at 7am every morning without collapsing or going nuts somewhere along the way"

Ahhh - many times, many times . . . but our super-slick PR machine kept it out of the Sunday papers :):):)

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 evil_L

my mornings will just not be the same without all the excellent music ya play steve!! :( ill miss u!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr Crowe

thanks for giving us, and gigsmart a spin this morning and for making the start of each day a lil' better......we'll miss you

glad you liked the song, we'll send you a demo as soon as we get a few more made

peace&love
    mr crow

http://www.themurderofcrows.dk3.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

the man deserves some kind of tickertape parade... or at least a pint!!

cheers.

Seán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

NOOOOOO!!!! :( who's gonna give me my fix in the morning now? there's never ever ANY r.e.m. or radiohead or velvets on the automatic system... *SNIFF* steve, you can't do that to me... well, thank you for the music, i guess, and the upside is of course that I won't have to get down to actually baking muffins now till at least the 1st march :p will there be someone new for brekkie? will they play r.e.m.? do they like muffins?

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Murder Of Crows lads, Steve will be at the gigsmart gig on Tuesday I expect you can show your appreciation then eh???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

All of us at Phantom are gutted that Steves brekky show had to come to an end, but luckily he's staying with us for his new Friday night slot. And of course, he is involved in other top secret plots with us involving squashed metal and antiques ;).

It really is a shame that we are still in the position, where we cannot give someone a few quid to do a show for us. The idea of having people who can broadcast regularly for us, and still afford to eat occasionally is not too much to hope for we think, but sadly due to the nature of our system of broadcasting regulation, is not possible.

However, I digress! Main point of this topic is to say - Top job young master Conway, well done. I promise to treat you to tea in Mister Saltbuckets soon!

Regards,

Pete Reed

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

:eek: i'm gonna have to wake up on friday nights now....

gonna miss morning radio....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

another genuine thank you to steev from the coffin girls.

ok, i was the only one who was ever awake to heer him, we'll all miss him madly.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by Mr Crowe
    thanks for giving us, and gigsmart a spin this morning and for making the start of each day a lil' better......we'll miss you

glad you liked the song, we'll send you a demo as soon as we get a few more made
    http://www.themurderofcrows.dk3.com

Quick Q... were you the person going roung the music centre on friday night asking ppl if they heard the morning show and what they though of your band?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yes kudos to mister conway, I am under the impression that he is getting my friday night slot in two weeks time. I hope he has as much fun in the 9-11pm slot as i did. it is with great sadness and reluctance that i most stray from the phantom fold for a while, but fear not, it shall not be forever......and anyway I dont think i'll be missed as much as steve!

Thanks for all your support, and good luck to steve

See you soon.

Sean D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

fair play to you steve, as i crawled along the long mile road and various other hellish routes around dublin, i listened to your show on phantom. now i'll just have to play all my old val doonican tapes instead.

all the best

joe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Well thanks everyone for the good vibes :)

Just a quick update: the new show will be on Friday nights, from 9 to 11pm, and it starts 8th March. It will be different to the morning show obviously, with more room for me to breathe musically, and I'll be awake also, which will make a change.

In the meantime I'm on this Friday 9-11 standing in for Sean, and Saturday morning 10-midday for Tara.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying the lie-in, as I don't have to get up until 6:30am now, and I've stopped falling asleep in the middle of business meetings. I *still* wake up feeling that I should write a news bulletin before I leave the house though . . .

Oh, totally enjoyed seeing Oz, Popstar and Otranome at the Sidewalk Cafe btw.

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ro7

You know when you need something to help deal with an early start .......You Steve were it . From me and my son ( The apprentice ) , thank you and thank crunchie !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Steve man

had dublin not had your soothing voice floating across the airwaves every weekday morning, we would all have been nicly screwed and now we are!!!!

ah no, seriously thanks so much for keeping the love alive, i'll be tuning in to your new show.you kept it real and kept us sane.

we wil all miss you dude:(

ONE LOVE

feRdi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Steve,
    Not much of a Phantom listener myself....but you're the best. :) Dave Xfm.

Advertisement