Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal Of Honour Released Today!!!

Options
  • 15-02-2002 12:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Medal of Honour is out today,
    actually heard a radio advert this morning for it, quite impressive, thought it was teh army recruiting at first LOL!!!

So any thoughts on it? What you think about it?

Ive played the single and multi player demos, i have to toss up between Op Flashpoint and this, ive played both demos and now must decide which to buy first? :confused:

MEdal of honour kicks Op Flash on graphics, sound etc, but it tends to seem linear with limited exploration on maps, compared to Op flashs free roaming?

is that good/bad? :D

let me know what you think, il be buying on what everyone here advises! also any rants or raves about either of these games is welcome here!! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Originally posted by Morphéus
    Medal of Honour is out today

I saw it in EB in Dublin on Tuesday. Well, at least I think I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its a cool game... better than Wolfenstein.. the beach landing level is class!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Popping my sound card in tonight (after waiting 6 weeks for my rpl mbd!!!) so can finally play it - woohoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

What is the recommended machine spec for MOHAA? I've read that there have been a lot of problems with the setup, and even if you egt that sorted, there are also probs with the sound and graphics.

Anyone here have any probs?

mads

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Ive only the demo, no problems with that tho, maybe you should try the demo first, see how it runs, before blowing 50 Euros on it.

i have pentium II 350mhz tnt riva 64 and 320 MB SDRAM

it runs pretty well on that, altho i am considering a new video card.

hey how much is it in Dublin in game, i was in yesterday but theyd no prices? ive priced it in dun laoighre today (i work in monkstown) and its 50 yo-yo's.

I was gonna buy it, but i chickened out, il wait til later this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

The one I thought I saw was €59.99. That's why it didn't return with me. :D

wow thats expensive.. hehe Im sure Evilgeorge will agree thats way more than we paid!

nuff said

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Perhaps people who buy the game could post how much they paid for the game here (and where).
    So as the rest of us will know where to buy or where not to buy.

[You're exceptionally close to being banned from this board. - S.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

This time of year they will be charging top dollar for games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

well its definitely only €50 in the shopping centre in Dun Laoighre, the computer games shop is upstairs near easons.

Il be buying my copy there a week of thursday (pay day) if its still the cheapest.

what price is Game selling it for?

oh yeah, anyone interested in a DOD2 clan? or a (premature maybe) Allied Assault MOH clan?

Originally posted by Saruman
    and those that uh got it by other means post the URL? no?

I did not really make myself very clear, what I meant was that people should post where they bought it and how much they paid for it so we can compare prices and will know where to buy from and where to avoid.
    And, if people have bought mail order URLs would also be welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Morphéus
    what price is Game selling it for?

An outstandingly high price of €59.99.

HMV have it for €50.78 so I hear, which means 90% of other places will too.

Bloody great game, just finished omaha beach, took me a while but i got there eventually. not as scripted as i thought it would be. Multiplayer i'd reckon is lpb turf only seeing as it's the q3 netcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Fantastic game so far. Cranked up the detail and watched the first level slow my sys to a crawl. :D So much to like about the game, the sound is top notch and the fire fights are always tense and exciting. I would say this game beats Wolfenstein comfortably.

I paid €50 in HMV Grafton Street btw.

€60 is an obscene price for a game :mad:

€50 is a bit more realistic.

Does anyone know what Smyths are charging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Hello, just off the phone from Smyths in the Airside shopping centre near Swords and it costs €54.99. 10% off for loyalty card customers, if that helps. It is still in stock.

Also rang Electronics Boutique on Dawson st. €59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The Beach Landing level is class beyond words, but the normal missions are a bit mundane; shoot everyone/blow stuff up and get away with it. If you ask me, the baddies are TOO fecking accurate and their vision is too good aswell, they can see right through your cover etc.

I think the limited exploration factor is a good thing, less wandering around aimlessly for hours. I'd say buy this ahead of Op Flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

the newest ps2 game out soon i hear is that goign to be exactly the same or what?My p.c i wouldnt say is up to it so im going to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Finished it in just a few hours on medium difficulty...have to admit i was more than slightly disappointed :(

Some parts of the game were outstanding but other parts were tedious and some times ridiculously difficult...

Roll on Duke Nukem & Soldier of Fortune 2 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Anyone played both MOH and RTCW? How do you find they compare?

K

• Advertisement

Has anyone done the beach landing scene on hard difficulty. It is driving me nuts. After a dozen goes I still havn't made it out of the water. There is one nazi guy up there who just puts his gun on me and will not take his sites off me.

Cool game though, looks pretty good at top graphics level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

That omaha beach landing had me for a while aswell.
    This is how i did it.
    1) I jumped over my team mates very quickly
    2) I ran to the big metal thing just infront of me.
    3) Wait behind the metal thing for a few seconds and he stops fireing which is the que to run to the next big metal thing which is on your left and again you wait
    4) Repeat this all the way up and you eventually reach the shingle

It does take a while but don't forget the quicksave. It's the only level you need it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Answer me this, do guys spawn indefinitly on some levels? I just took out a tiger tank and im trying to make my way up a street with houses but there are LOADS of guys that just keep on coming. I have tried moving forward but you just get overwhelmed. Someone help!!

I think theres some kinda spot u must pass, then the guys will stop coming, whereas if you sit and camp as they come, they'll just keep coming. Throw a grenade (or 2) and move up as far as you can and see if they keep coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

[Edited] i thought it was one of THE best games ive ever played.

I think its just on some parts it is indeffinate spawning like the third level when your on the beach head and the seargent tells you to get into the bunker and take it out. the machine gun nests there are indefinate spawning 'cos i was there picking them of wit meh sniper rifle until all meh ammo ran out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i hac=ven`t stopped playing this for 2 weeks now ,i been either oonline with it which is excellent ,the objective game is great (shame have to go on after 10 pm to get a 100 ping ) but once you get online OMG its excellent .And thank god its out over here now .i can play on irish and Uk servers and get my 56k below 100 pings .
    But on the minus the system requirments smell like a bit of conspiracy ie(3dfx a no no Voodoo a no no and anything older than a Geforce3 and you got problems)
    But minor gripes aside ,this is a must have game .

thanks for the tips on the beach landing. I figured it out anyway. It was a pretty cool level. It was very saving private ryan. All the quotes while running up the beach where plain cool. I love a ripoff when i see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

What is the story with MOHAA...everytime I start a new game it dials up with my internet connection! Dont wont to have to be connected to the net to play the entire game...also on the Registration form Ireland isnt listed in the countries and it requires a Zip code!! I was thinking it was dialin' up to register or something???

Mine doesn't...

Just put it any old zip code; 7777 or something. Make it all up, register, disconnect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement