Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav. Spoof Sci-fi !!

Options
  • 15-02-2002 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

My personal fav has to be SpaceBalls , classic Dark Helmet, Lone Star and the power of the Swartz!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Mine too.. how many can people remember? Galaxy quest being the latest one..

Masters of the Universe was not SUPPOSED to be but it really was a he-man spoof...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Does anyone remember the "Airplane" movie - I think it was "Airplane 3"? The one with the faulty shuttle going to the moon, with William Shatner as the moon base commander? That had its moments...

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Yeah that was Airplane 2 but is it classified as sci-fi hmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I loved the spoofs that were in Spaced. but they did great films in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Galaxy Quest. The new one is pretty good. Personally I didn't like spaceballs that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Galaxy Quest. The new one is pretty good. Personally I didn't like spaceballs that much

Eh how come? It was great!

Well there is a bit of a difference in the style of space balls and galaxy quest.
    Space balls is more the naked gun type of style , galaxy is a bit more intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Airplane 2 was indeed a great movie. The original was on Sky One a few hours ago actually. Oh, does the remake of "Lost In Space" count as a sci-fi spoof? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Phantom Menace.

No, actualy, that would be my least favorite...

I think I'll have to go with Spaceballs too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Airplane 2

to think, 1982, its as old as me !

6300214265.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Spaceballs, no competition, Galaxy Quest had it's moments but it can't touch anything like Spaceballs for sheer comic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

liked spaceballs for the most part, the dog bugged me though.

Havn't seen galaxy quest :o

Spitting images , they used do a star trek sketch lol

spitting_image_spock1.jpg
    ANyone remember the tune? :D
    Star treking across the universe, on the starship enterprise ...... n so on :D lol great stuff :)

Ok then apart from Space balls and Galaxy quest - are there any other sci-fi spoofs out there ?

Originally posted by azezil
    Spitting images , they used do a star trek sketch lol

spitting_image_spock1.jpg
    ANyone remember the tune? :D
    Star treking across the universe, on the starship enterprise ...... n so on :D lol great stuff :)

I remember that - the ears would flap up and down violently whenever anyone contradicted him!!! It was funny, alright - though I thought the most inspired idea (not sci-fi related, sorry)was having the John Major puppet appear entirely in black & white (even though everything around him was in full colour) :D

Gadget

I have that song at home on an old record !!

"Start trecking across the universe"
    "On the starship enterprise, under captain kirk ...."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

But if I recall, the Star Trekking song had nothing to do with Spitting Image, it was by a group of dudes called The Firm - I think. It did have some tiny little models of the ST dudes though.

Oh really! Well i was rather young at the time, i just always assumed cause they looked like em! :)

Originally posted by Cloud
    But if I recall, the Star Trekking song had nothing to do with Spitting Image, it was by a group of dudes called The Firm - I think. It did have some tiny little models of the ST dudes though.

...funny, I just knew you'd correct that... for some inexplicable reason, I seem to remember we had this conversation before :eek:

Gadget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

space balls. no contest. sheer class.

• Advertisement

Would anyone consider Lexx a spoof? well ok its not taking the wee wee outta any other film but it is rather far fetched even for sci-fi :)

Personally never watched lexx, dont have sky any more so cant at the mo - is it any good as a programme ?

IF ya don't watch it from teh start it won't make anysense to ya. It not something everyone would enjoy, its quite bizzare. One of the producers described it as "Star Treks evil twin" :)

There's no actuall science to it at all, totally fictional almost surreal ;)

Must see if any1 I know has series 1 so and give it a whirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

best spoof sf movie
    has to be Dark Star, cmon you had that big inflatable alien that was really a beach ball
    classic!!

Dark star - haven't heard of that one - must check it out.

Advertisement