Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN and a wee bit of info needed

Options
  • 15-02-2002 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I ordered ISDN online from Eircom. The online document stated 6
    weeks for this. Grand I thought. That'll give me time to sort out ISP, modem etc.

Within a week Knock, knock. Here to install you ISDN line.

Caught me a wee bit flat footed. Never got a real chance to gather the information and equipment I wanted beforehand.

So I know that you guys out there are in the know.

Modem; Any recommendations?

ISP; Any recommendations. ( ISDN connection 64k )

Cable extentsion; from bedroom to ISDN terminal in sitting room.

Any and all help appreciated. I had hoped to be able to do this over the next 5 weeks but........DOH!

Thanks,

Goosey:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

TA - i heartly endorse the ASUS isdn ta
    ISP - OCEAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Modem; Any recommendations? : either the Eicon diva internal pci or the asuscom pci.

ISP; Any recommendations. ( ISDN connection 64k ) : Eircom or Ocean (both since they're free and also ocean does 128k for special occassions heh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

i gotta give the eicon diva a thumbs up as well
    tho drivers can be a bit fiddly to install :p

performance its top notch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I need to find an ISDN modem for me uncle, I see you guys recommend Eicon Diva and Asuscom, both PCI.

Anyone got external adaptor recommendations, and why you guys recommending internals vs externals (besides 2nd power cord issues)?

Cheers,
    Al.

• Advertisement
Advertisement