Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this work?

Options
  • 15-02-2002 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I hope to have NTL Broadband shortly, so I'm looking for an Ethernet card, saw this one at Marx for €13

"Fast Ethernet 10/100
    PCI Networkcard, 10/100Mbps
    supports Full-Duplex mode and Wake-on-LAN
    Complying with ACPI specifications
    Windows 3xx, 9x, NT, 2000
    Novell NetWare, SCO Unix, Linux"

Will this do the job?? I'm running Win 98se on a P2.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks perfect to me. Even a 10mbit card would do, but this one seems to be compatible with most OS's so its a good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

yes however be careful.. i dont know what the new system uses but when my friend was testing it the reason the network card was needed was to connect to a cable modem and that was using a BNC (Coax) connection! not RJ45!

So be careful and check what the cable modem needs.. if in doubt get a combo card!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

The Terajet210 has this on it's spec sheet:

PC client computer - 10Base-T (RJ-45) and USB

CATV network 75 ohm female "F" type connector, 360 Deg. threaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No it does not have a BNC (Coax) cable.. so make sure the cable modem you have does not need one.. any i have seen do!

oh hang on doing an EDIT here.. those specs are they actually for the cable modem? If so then yes thats fine... sorry thought you were on about the network card again. Anyway yeah if its the cable modem you are refering to then its fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the cable modem uses regular cat 5 or usb
    both work perfectly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks everybody, it's starting to make a little more sense now!

Advertisement