Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Usa Green Card Help Needed!!!

• 15-02-2002 3:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK HERE GOES....

DONT KNOW WHERE ELSE TO ASK ABOUT THIS?

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GETTING GREENCARDS FOR THE USA, I KNOW ABOUT TEH TRADITIONAL LOTTERY WAY, I APPLIED IN OCTOBER, AND WONT KNOW UNTIL APRIL. BUT HERES THE BIGGIE, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY UNDERHANDED LEGAL LOOPS THAT GET THEM QUICKER, SO U CAN AVOID ENTERING THE LOTTERY FOR THEM?

I NEED INFO ON THIS FAST, ITS VITALLY IMPORTANT, WITH IT I CAN SAVE THE WORLD!!!

THANKS ALL!!!

PLEASE POST ANY RUMOURS ETC YOU HAVE HEARD ABOUT (SHORT OF ILLEGAL ALIENSHIP) ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

marry an american

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

you can live their but work abroad, like in an embassy or a pilot for an airline

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

OK Tanx so far...

1. i dont want to marry an american!!!

2. I need full green card asap....its v important.

ive heard of loopholes like company A needs full time employees from Ireland and organises greencards for them, not just working visas mind you. does any one know anything about this?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I am not sure about a full green card, but you can live and work over there for 4 years(about) if you live in the north or the border counties. I assume that you are a resourceful fellow and could arrange to live there and then apply. Once this is done move to the states and find another way to get the green card.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You can get companies to sponsor you, but your visa is only valid as long as yo're working for that company. It's not easy either given that there's something of a global recession going on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Green cards are issued every year on a lottery basis. 50000 or so for the whole world. You chances of with the Lotto are much better. See here or here for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

why can't people from UK apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Monkey
    why can't people from UK apply?
    There are probably different rules depending on country.

http://www.usembassy.ie/

http://www.usembassy.ie/humanresources/index.html <
    they are looking for a security guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by Victor

http://www.usembassy.ie/humanresources/index.html <

they are looking for a security guard.

I work across the road from the embassy, and work consists of sitting in a wooden shed 3x3 feet.....they seem happy enough, I am not getting at security guards, they have tough work, long hours, not my cuppa tea......

Then I go to work sit in an office 3x3 feet.......

Originally posted by Irish_Ranger_IR
    I work across the road from the embassy, and work consists of sitting in a wooden shed 3x3 feet.....they seem happy enough, I am not getting at security guards, they have tough work, long hours, not my cuppa tea...... Then I go to work sit in an office 3x3 feet.......
    Ah, but you don't habitually get shot at, do you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

OK OK OK... lets FOCUS people,

your all getting off the thread, i want to GO to america green-card in my pocket ASAP, not work in a 3X3 wooden shed as a security guard :(

so someone out there must have a relation/friend who got a greecard some way other than

the greecard lotto
    or
    marrying an american

please do tell your story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

They are pretty strict about giving out visas, and that was before september 11th.

I don't know of any other way of getting entry than a lottary green card, marriage to an american, sponsorship by a company of the not so legal hanging around after your holiday visa expires method (Not good for future prospects of getting a proper visa either.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Greencard.

1. Lottery

2. Marry an American.

3. Be directly related to an American (must be parent or child).

4. Hand over information about terrorists (think this only applies to Afganistan?)

Sponsership and student visas are not green cards.

You can go to the US for up to three months without a visa, but you can't work.

You can also go to the US on business travel for over three months but you have do so under certain conditions. But you have to return after so many months before you can return again. Also the US customs tend to cop onto people abusing it and refuse you entry onto the plane.

Oh yea, none of these processes are ways to get quickly in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Sorry.....It's not going to happen....

Go to Canada !!!!!

Nice place....

quote:
    Originally posted by Victor

Ah, but you don't habitually get shot at, do you?

No, but in this country, with that embessy job available, I don't think they would either...;)

What you think?

Originally posted by Irish_Ranger_IR
    No, but in this country, with that embessy job available, I don't think they would either...;)

And why do you think there is a vacancy? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

As far as I know having a skill that not many americans have (common sense :)) is a pretty big bonus in your application. In other words, being in the IT sector isnt gonna send your name to the top any time soon.

When I was in america, my visa granted me residency status (pay local college rates etc.) but on threat of deportation I couldnt work.

Advertisement