Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Bounce

• 11-01-2001 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

In my nigh infinite nerdiness I have decided to find out what day time IRC is like.

Anyone know where I can get IRC bounce from and how to set it up to go around the DCU firewall?

(UL people maybe?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

andy, rory is sitting on me. help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Won't work in DCU. Different type of firewall. You'll have to either write a program that will work as a irc to http gateway. ( probably one around somewhere ) then get whoever to install in on their irc server.. smile.gif

or, get a free shell account somewhere, telnet to that and install *****X or ircII

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

that'd be b1t<hX
    pretty cool client

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I dont know, I am fairly dim. This all sounds a bit too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

el_pres can u telnet out?
    if so telnet to
    telnet://takiweb.com
    they got free shells with irc smile.gif

or if its working
    telnet://blekko.net

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 11-01-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Ive got IRC Bounce around somewhere, i knew the guy who proggied it a while back. I used it in college fine on the unauthenticating http proxy, but then they fixed the authentication and it stopped working. Ill try and pop a url up later if your still looking for it.

Snaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

or just use www.spacechat.net

.logic.

Advertisement