Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Access 2000

• 15-02-2002 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I need to get my hands on MS Access 2000 for some ASP database programming - I'm a bit strapped for cash. Anyone wanna sell a 2nd hand version, or know of anywhere I can get it relatively cheap...?

Cheers
    JK
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

If its just asp coding then you'll be fine with Access 97 - its much better suited for the web as its not as bloated and it should be easier to pick up than access 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

I need it for a database of about 3000 products, will it be ok for this? Will Access 97 work fine on Win98?

Cheers
    JK

It and Access 2000 will work perfectly as long as there are no more than 7 or 8 users writing to / deleting from the database at any one time.

It can handle more passive users - people who are viewing / searching - I'd say around 15-20 at a time.

But once you have more than 10 active users its wise to consider SQL Server or php/mysql which are designed to accommodate a significantly higher numbers of users.

Thanks, it is a product database but without any live stock updates - ie. the visitors to my site will not be updating the stock levels, only reading info from the DB. HAve about 20 visitors per hours, so Access should be fine - probably max 5-6 visitors at any one time.

How about Access97 and Win98 - will they work together?

JK

yeah should be no probs there - i've used them together in the past. Don't forget to repair/compact the database before you upload it. This makes a huge difference. Good luck!

• Advertisement

Thks - any idea where I can get hold of Access97 cheap?

Advertisement