Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband cheap (again - for people who insulted me)

Options
  • 15-02-2002 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

ok ok ok....my last post was a bit dry...

NTL cable pretty good after i tested in my mates house now i have to wait 'til the first of march to get it into my gaff(thats house for all u mullaghs - joke)

its 35€ a month(flat rate) for 512k cable with the modem for rent , or if u want to buy the modem its 160€ or there about...

now, i ordered early so there was no installation fee with is usually about 90€ or there about.

if u cannot afford to pay €40(which i understand respectively) all togehter with rented modemn u can get it for 30€ a month(flat rate) with 128k and rented modemn , but 10 € is a small price to pay in the difference for a few hundreds K's , ya know what i mean???

find out more www.NTL.ie

now i hope this was even more helpful ,
    thanks for the time,
    n_mc_c@hotmail.com,
    niall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

no sry that aprox. 40€ for they 512k modem on rent

i was just wonderin if any1 else got NTL cable, and if they did what did THEY think of it???

n_MC_C@HOTMAIL.com
    niall

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Keep your topics together please R-Tribesman.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

eh, lads, 3 important words

DUBLIN......WEST......ONLY

which means fcuk off from ntl.ie for the rest of the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ive had 512k NTL Cable for about a year now. Its an excellent service, has only gone down ONCE in that time. The ToS allows you run any kind of service you like, which is nice. Also, there cant be many on the service, because Ive never noticed any slowdown at peak times.

Maxes out about 70kb/sec for download, 15-16kb/sec for upload.

Needless to say, its great for online gaming, and downloading "goodies" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Id say there will come a time in about ten years when alot more people have NTL cable, that there will be little difference in speed wether you own 512k or 128k. Speed bottlenecks and all.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Like Dirk said!
    Originally posted by DirkVoodoo
    eh, lads, 3 important words

DUBLIN......WEST......ONLY

I'm happy for you who happen to live in the Golden 5 square miles, but as far as the rest of us are concerned you might as well be from Abu Dubai.

I'm in Dublin 7 - I subscribe to NTL & the only notable thing NTL have done in the last 3 years is replace EUROSPORT with that horribly abysmal excuse for a channel 'NBSMCB' (or whatever F it's called).

They have the licence to rollout broadband!

The price rise they got is problaby paying for all the recent goodwill here ;-)

well i dont know much about the locations for the cable and after reading the replies i cnnot beleive how lucky i am get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Let me finish up by saying,

any market analyst can see that NTL will be gone outta here within 2 years, their operation is finished here

Mark my words

Doubts?? place bets here

well actually i tought they would be gone sooner :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i dont think they will last the year

remember, ntl ireland actually makes money for ntl, its the fact that they paid about 200 million over the odds for the company that shows a paper loss

u said that is another thread boston but when i saw that, i kind of thought that NTL had no reason to sell....

note: my previous message was before i read the above quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

yea, but they are going no where, they have no market plan for ireland other then day to day survival.

Advertisement