Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Codecs

• 15-01-2001 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I'm tinkering with the possibility of encoding directly from my crapy winTV card with the likes of futurama and the simpsons episodes. I haven't really looked around at Codecs, can anyone recommend a codec which doesn't drop frames like a good thing and can encode at a half decent resolution.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I hear DivX is the dog's boll0x smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Divx may be the dogs 8ollox, but you'd need a Pentium X running at 10 gigs to encode realtime with divx. I'm looking for a half decent realtime video encoder, the results of which I could re-encode with divx to reduce the size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'll let ya know wednesday night, if you havent found anything by then smile.gif

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Why Wednesday night Lump ? Are you getting a Pentium X 30ghz machine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Bring it to MPEG2 and convert it or else use RealProducer8 at a high bandwidth setting.
    Or MJPEG...there's loads of suitable codecs out there.

lph

• Advertisement
Advertisement