Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Give up your oul' sins!

• 16-02-2002 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭

Anyone see it on RTE1 tonight? It was gas. I think it was nominated for an oscar?

For anyone who didnt get to see it, it was a short cartoon on the recording of a young girl from the inner city flats about 40-50 years ago telling a bible story in her own words.

It was one of them "you have to see" cartoons!
    It was funny, It was!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

Perhaps I'm the only person, but I thought it was just so damn cute, it's partically a shoe-in for the Oscar though. It's funny but only in a "The things kids say" way. Besides I heard the tapes it's based on ages ago and the animation itself wasn't particullarly spectacular (Maybe that's because I was just back from Monsters Inc). seemed to be very like the old pink panther cartoons.

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Its brilliant and yes, its been nominated for best animated short film along with another irish film called 'Fifty Percent Grey'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i saw that film at a small concert in leixlip around 6 months ago. Go to www.brownbagfilms.com and you can read all about them.

The other one, fifty percent grey is absolutely spectacular though. the animation is excellent, as is the concept. lovely little twist as well. I saw that at the start of a film in ster century last year, can't remember which one.

They're both up against for the birds, the short at the start of monsters inc., very funny, but i'd still give my tip for fifty percent grey to walk away with it.

Advertisement