Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bios question

• 14-01-2001 4:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

i wana wipe a bios without opening the computer or going into the bios
    is there any way to do this ?

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

2 ways really.
    1. Some BIOS manufacturers have dos utils to clear the NVRAM. Find who wrote the BIOS and go searching.
    2. Get the latest BIOS for the system and just re-flash it (Though on some of the newer ones this doesn't actually flush personalised settings).

Hmmmm, why are you not wanting to open the system/use the BIOS? A password set on a machine at work or summat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

If it is your locked out of bios with a password there is an easier way to get round it.All you have to do is...........huuum better not lol anyways it involes removing the side panel so you wouldnt be intrested hehehe.

Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye at work dell computers they all have bios passwords and i wana get into the bios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Ever heard of search engines...? There are programs to crack the bios password, just search in google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

theres probably a password bypass jumper on the mobo. look up your manafacturers instruction booklet smile.gif

• Advertisement

wwm i cant opent the computer up and gerry as far as i know there isent a cracker for this bios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

theres a reason for that u muppet. the It dept dont wnat u messing with the box - kinda like a protect u from yourself policy. Theres only a hundred of them and theres 5000 of you "users". Ever heard the phrase "knows enough to be dangerous"... leave the box alone and open a ticket - if your worthy the is dept will do it for you.

Yup, I certainly wouldnt want you messing with the bios on my machine elexes. Theres very little you can change in a dell bios anyway, so tis not worth it.

apart from getting into the bios changeing bootup sequence to include a: booting from that taking the sam file and cracking it so i get admin passwords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

you work in emr dont you? too much time on yer hands mate. you aint gonna get passwords for the machine from the sam file matey, the admin accounts work off...never mind i aint tellin you. /me thinks too much information is bad for you.
    do you work in castletroy, i bet i know who you are.

• Advertisement

i know i do have to mutch time on my hands but its just a chalange .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

No doubt the short fellow with the glasses, long hair and bizarre clothing.

oh yea, really white too

Gav

If you search google and/or altavista for long enough elexes, you will find a program to crack the dell bios. I'm certainly not going to do it for you. Also, do you even know how to retrieve the sam file if you boot from the floppy?

ye i do gerry i did it last year with the old computers . verb u forgot the back nail varnish and the highlander coat and the t-shirt that sez ozzy RULEZ hehhe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

damn right ozzy rules.......randy rhoads was the best heavy metal guitarist that ever lived....and ever will live....long live ozzy.....sry i know that this has nothin 2 do with the topic but u mentioned ozzy...i had 2 respond.....its spontaineous..... smile.gif

Advertisement