Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Helter Shelter any good?

Options
  • 16-02-2002 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Guys I'm thinking of going to this Helter Shelter club in Vicar Street. I was wondering if anyone has gone before and if its any good, as I will be dragging about 10 people along and don't wanted to be treated like an Afghan minister if its sh1t!

Lemme know,

:)

Ger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I enjoyed the Christmas one immensely, apart from the 30 minutes where it turned into Whelan's and went all Madchester on me. But they've got a lot of complaints about that and have assured me that if they're going to play stuff from that era that they'll be a bit more creative with their choices and not dig out the same 5 songs you hear everywhere else.

There's a lot of old-skool Indie which suited me down to the ground, if your musical memory doesn't go back any further than 1995 then you might be a bit lost, but if it does, then you're in for a treat. Having said that, one of the other things they promised for the next one was more current stuff. So maybe you should just ignore this post altogether!

But yes, be adventurous, drag your mates along somewhere new, if you don't go you'll never know what it's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Well Lolo I only just saw yer post today, but I went anyway and it was pretty damn good, it was packed too which I didn't expect. Anyway a good time was had by all and I even met an old friend I hadn't seen in an age.

I recomend this place as at least a decent change from Whelans, will deffo go along next month, altho I was very very drunk and can't quite remember the music after 12:30, atho I was dancing and I usually only dance if I REALLY like a tune.

Hopefully they will get their problems with the shlter management sorted.

Cheers for the reply,

Ger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

They had to turn away celebs (Mani and some bloke from the Prodigy), cause even though they were on the guest list it was too packed by the time they arrived. Now that's what I call a good turn out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I might check that out so....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mick-X-Listener

woz there myself for the first time and met people from Xfm (give us a show!!) one of which was DJing on the night. Music mix was spot on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement