Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underworld Born Slippy

Options
  • 16-02-2002 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

i never paid atention to the lyrics till now does any 1 know what the song is about???

Drive boy dog boy
    Dirty numb angel boy
    In the doorway boy
    She was a lipstick boy
    She was a beautiful boy
    And tears boy
    And all in your innerspace boy
    You had
    hands girl boy
    and steel boy
    You had chemicals boy
    I've grown so close to you
    Boy and you just groan boy
    She said comeover comeover
    She smiled at you boy.

Drive boy dog boy
    Dirty numb angel boy
    In the doorway boy
    She was a lipstick boy
    She was a beautiful boy
    And tears boy
    And all in your innerspace boy
    You had
    hands girl boy
    and steel boy
    You had chemicals boy
    I've grown so close to you
    Boy and you just groan boy
    She said comeover comeover
    She smiled at you boy.

Let your feelings slip boy
    But never your mask boy
    Random blonde bio high density rhythm
    Blonde boy blonde country blonde high density
    You are my drug boy
    You're real boy
    Speak to me and boy dog
    Dirty numb cracking boy
    You get wet boy
    Big big time boy
    Acid bear boy
    Babes and babes and babes and babes and babes
    And remembering nothing boy
    You like my tin horn boy and get
    Wet like an angel
    Derail

You got a velvet mouth
    You're so succulent and beautiful
    Shimmering and dirty
    Wonderful and hot times
    On your telephone line
    And god and everything
    On your telephone
    And in walk an angel

And look at me your mom
    Squatting pissed in a tube-
    hole at Tottenham Court Road
    I just come out of the ship
    Talking to the most
    Blonde I ever met
    Shouting
    Lager lager lager lager
    Shouting
    Lager lager lager lager
    Shouting...
    Lager lager lager
    Shouting
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega
    Shouting lager lager lager lager
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega white thing
    So many things to see and do
    In the tube hole true
    Blonde going back to Romford
    Mega mega mega going back to Romford
    Hi mom are you having fun
    And now are you on your way
    To a new tension
    headache

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Written when the vocals lad in Underworld was an alcoholic, about picking up random wimmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

well its one fcuked up song . why does he keep saying boy?? sounds like it is some sort of transexual conatatin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

good thing you didnt try and find out the meaning behind cowgirl then :)

speaking of underworld. what happened to them after emmerson left and the release of the dvd. ?!??

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

dono what happend them.i was only giving my €0.02 .
    hmm cowgirl it could be.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Maybe he was from Cork, like, boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

FYI, thats the 'Nuxx' mix on the original release, the original itself was a brilliant instrumental, I HATE this version.
    Being pedantic I know, just brought back memories of arguing with a friend for months about it after TrainsPotting was released...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

OMG, i cant believe ive found someone else who hates the 'trainspotting' version!!
    Fair play to ye creed :)
    Its bloody awful, the original version (which i only heard AFTER the nuxx version) is much better - and it has a melody too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Me too.... I think the original version was far better and every Underworld fan I know agrees. I guess they must have thought the NUXX version was more appropriate to the film because of the lyrics (maybe?).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I didn't realise there was an original version, I have a fair bit of Underworld in my collection - but I have NUXX it seems.

dubno... is still my favourite album though. Cowgirl, Skyscraper mmmm.

J.
    --
    Cloud's UW list:
    Underworld               dubnobasswithmyheadman                         Album    Wax Trax!      1994
    Underworld               Born Slippy                                    Single   JBO            1996
    Underworld               Second Toughest in the Infants                 Album    JBO            1996
    Underworld               Pearl's Girl                                   EP       Wax Trax!      1997
    Underworld               Beaucoup Fish                                  Album    JBO            1999
    Underworld               Bruce Lee                                      Single   JBO            1999
    Underworld               Jumbo 1                                        Single   JBO            1999
    Underworld               Jumbo 2                                        Single   JBO            1999
    Underworld               King of Snake 1                                Single   JBO            1999
    Underworld               King of Snake 2                                Single   JBO            1999
    Underworld               Push Upstairs 1                                Single   JBO            1999
    Underworld               Push Upstairs 2                                Single   JBO            1999
    Underworld               Cowgirl                                        Single   JBO            2000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You should get their Live DVD. DolbyDigital 5.1 (no DTS but it's still a good mix)...Hmmmmm......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Cyphide

That version from up there (afaicr) is called NUXX, not Born Slippy, its not the NUXX remix or anything, its just called NUXX.
    As far I can remember, the 12" has Born Slippy on one side and NUXX on the flip (The 12" is a double A side and its called Underworld - Born Slippy/NUXX), NUXX being the trainspotting soundtrack version.
    Dont even try and bother working out what underworlds lyrics mean, just enjoy the music :)
    I was talking to dazza emerson after he was playing in the red box there a couple of weeks ago and I asked him for a copy of born slippy and he told me 'I havent even got it in my box, its rubbish!' :)
    Dont know what the story is with underworld tho....

Advertisement