Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst pub/club

Options
  • 16-02-2002 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

We've had the best pub/club so why not have a worst pub/club in whatever part of the country your in.

my votes are 'The Alley' and 'The Venue' in Galway and 'The Castle Inn' and 'The Friendly Tavern' in Castlebar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

If it was all about the music I would have to vote for the schwalace on camdon street or is it wexford street, although I still find myself going back every couple for some cheap gargle and some southside totty!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

PJ's horrible little spot

The Gallery, forgetting the smell its just a kip, including the smell, its a smelly kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

The Clongibbon Nite Club [mitchelstown]

hate that place with a passion

They are closing Gorbys in Cork, so thats another off my hate list

worst pub ?

Doyles on South Mall, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

"Club Life" (more commonly known as "the coo") in kilkenny... truely there is no sh1t hole as bad as this. I shared a hospital room one night with someone that their bouncers kicked the sh1t out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

the palace.....dump if there ever was one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Horan's in tralee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Gotta be the Vatican on Harcourt Street

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Vatican is now known as gigi's or sumfink. Places I hate: The Pod and the Red Box. Are the worst places to go to try enjoy yourself. All that clubbing dance music shíte........... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

And townie knacks with their 'bokkles of Cidhar/Bukkie' poppin pills.
    Thank christ the cúnts are just fast and can't actually throw a strong punch to save themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Pub....Pat Carrolls
    club....The couq

both in KK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by T.G Catter
    the palace.....dump if there ever was one.

and yet you hear such good things about it, *snigger* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

the palace may be a dump but mon-thurs it has dirnk for only 2euro so who cares if its a dump or not. ots a place to get wasted with friends! One place i actually hate is the Q bar the drinks are over priced there is no atmosphere and the music is crap!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Have any of you guys ever been into the Turks Head in temple bar. It sucks royally and the only reason that anyone ever went in there was that it was free. I believe that they are now charging. At least it has stopped me from going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Have any of you guys ever been into the Turks Head in temple bar. It sucks royally and the only reason that anyone ever went in there was that it was free. I believe that they are now charging. At least it has stopped me from going back.

Ive been to the turks head(only once) and i had a great time. There is a good atmosphere there and the drinks wernt too expensive at them time. Although i prefer the porterhouse house across the road. You just cant beat a pint of chiller or a brain blasta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carobobaline

Its got to be the palace on Cameden Street-went there once for my L.C results 2 years ago and the half-hour memory still haunts me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Originally posted by SearrarD
    Pub....Pat Carrolls
    club....The couq

both in KK

ah yes pat carroll's where even the arms of the chairs have tatoo's!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 franco

Fibber Magees in Galway, top of the pile for anyone over 15 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

the palace and the redbox both suck, if i was forced to go to one though i would prefer the palace at least the music there listenable where as the redbox is just hardcore dance or techno or whatever you call it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

lol

Fibber Magees in Galway sucks the big one, as does "Da Palace" in Dublin, cheap drink though. Scrupples in Dun Laoghaire is a kip. Club Life, or Club get a Life as it's called in Greystones, is quite bad.

Isn't the RedBox just a venue? Wouldn't expect much from them seeing as though it's really just for bands and the sort.

Listenable music in the Palace? What are you smoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That was meant to mean that I can at least stick the music in the palace a little longer than the music in the redbox.
    I think The Pod is the venue place while the redbox is the nightclub.

BTW is listenable a word?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Frankmark

For sticky carpet, smell of stale puke, flat watered down beer, and 15 yr old kn@ckers try the Hitchen' Post in Leixlip

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Makaveli
    BTW is listenable a word?

Although it sounds like it should not be, listenable is a word.
    It means: easy or pleasant to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Worst pub is Doyles/Bakery in Cork and the worst clubs are FX and Gorby's. ****in holes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    The Clongibbon Nite Club [mitchelstown]

hate that place with a passion

They are closing Gorbys in Cork, so thats another off my hate list

worst pub ?

Doyles on South Mall, Cork.

Hahaha anytime i am passing by Doyles late at night i am frequently greeted with fisticuffs and Garda hauling drunken louts from the premises :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Pedegree Corner Co. Laois truely the most horrifying place on earth.

the pedigree.........

Where the men are vicious and the women are worse, a kip, a hole, a dank pit of pain and chart music.....

but we still went....

rem Rafters 18th birthday when we brought a stipper there Azezil...

REM 'TITANIC GUY' EH AZEZIL!

its been a while since i fell over laughing for a few hours over that one, what happen was...Azezil runs down to WIT finds SearrarD and bites off all his fingers and cuts out his tongue ...the end

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by SearrarD
    REM 'TITANIC GUY' EH AZEZIL!
    yes we'll just forget that little episode!, can't believe someone identified me as "Titanic guy" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

searrard just told me about it - never speak to me again!!!!

• Advertisement

Titanic.jpg

Advertisement