Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst pub/club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Where abouts in Navan are ya from? I used to repeat my leaving in the Abylity Centre over there a few years ago, on Kennedy Row.

We all have our crosses to bear though, and being from meath is one of them. Bloody Sh1tkickers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

i gotta agree with stephen. the coo is the biggest **** hole in kilkenny. one of the bouncers confiscated(stole) my id and said he was goin to ring the guards..

other **** holes in the town include campions kilkenny's western saloon (for real), and the venue (wayyy too overrated scumbag hole).

-david

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

da biggist sh!thole in ireland has to be dannos in clonmel!!!!! the only reason why any1 goes there is cos its the biggest club here (1200 ppls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

naw.ye aint lived till you have been in Formalue 1 in Loughrea(aka Ringo's)
    it's full of underage
    the bouncers suck dick
    the pints are akin to slop(and are probably drained from the urinals)
    the couches/seats SUCK
    and did i say it smells of redneck?
    it's right across from the mart.

i think it will win hands down.even stephen will back me up on this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Dare I mention the wonderful World's End, or the equally brialliant Andy's Tavern In the heart Of Kilkenny ****ty? However the COO has to top the bill for ****ty clubs, well that I've been in anyway.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

The Hitchin' Post in Leixlip Co. Kildare has to be the worst place ever!!! it is also affectionately known as the Hitcher the Ditch the stupid dump etc.
    I've been too old to drink there since i turned 17!
    And not to mention the Night Club attached to the bar! Good God people i dunno how they keep a licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

Originally posted by SearrarD
    its still called lah but for the big sign outside saying
    "the rythmn room"

still a kip and still wet carpet and still expensive and still has the strippers on rag week

I'm amazed at how an expert drinking man such as yourself hasn't noticed that club Laaahhhhh is gutted and being rebuilt as a super-pub at the mo. Then again the rebuilding works and the noise inside are kinda similar to what usually went on so a properly drunk person might have thought it was just a really good nite in there... :p

biggest $hithole goes to the Zooooo in kilkenny (dancefloor the size of meh bed) - btw. is that place still there?

worst pub - the pulpit after Januray 1999 and screachers is pretty intolorable too (they turn the annoying frequency up on all the "extra-loud™" speakers)

grrr - i gets so wound up.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

ahh i wont bother editing my post due to the change of recent events.......

the sound room in Naas is a hole as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Deco up until last Saturday night, I would have completely disagreed with you over the Raddisson. I'm not saying I hate the place (I will go back), but they really hiked the prices on Sat night. A mate of mine was just back from the states, and a party of about 30 of us headed there for a long night out. Most of us were in the bar upstairs from 8:30pm. I was all excited coz I love to hear Ferg play (he's one of Galway's finest IMO). Anyway a few mins in there I find out there is come chap coming over from the UK spinning on the decks that night (after Ferg). So again I thought great stuff, it is bound to be good.

Anyway, this is where things started to get shítty.
    The fact that we were the first people in the bar upstairs that night didn't mean we wouldn't be approached by staff, requiring us to pay the admission fee of €13 that night. My argument was that we were giving them a few hours of business before the club actually opened, and that we shouldn't have to pay. In the end we all had to fork out the cash, a substantial sum. Anyway I headed down stairs for a peek, to see what the tallent was like on the decks. Ferg does play good tunes, but because the complete tít that came on after him was a muppet, he was playing stuff that didn't seem too appealing to anyone there. The guy that came on afterwards enraged me enough to become suspicious to the bouncers.

Anyway as soon as Ferg was off the decks I had a chat with him, and he wasn't all too impressed either.

So the Raddisson has now got to do some sucking up to me, if they wan't continued business from myself & my mates in the future. I'm thinking about the student nights €5 on the door, and promotions inside might do the trick, but we'll see. It's a damn pity coz there isn't anything better in the city.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The Raddisson (or Le Met as the company running the club is called) should be about a fiver for students during the week.

They're kinda linked with the college at the moment (the first NUIG - Club link for a while). The college alcohol policy makes it difficult for college ents to join forces with night clubs and promote events. In this case the rules are even being skirted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 donClon

the gallery, limerick.Ddiveeeeeee:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by Amz
    The Hitchin' Post in Leixlip Co. Kildare has to be the worst place ever!!! it is also affectionately known as the Hitcher the Ditch the stupid dump etc.
    I've been too old to drink there since i turned 17!
    And not to mention the Night Club attached to the bar! Good God people i dunno how they keep a licence!

:) the memorys some great underage nights there,although as soon as you hit 17 your far too old :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

The worst pub has to be The Goat Broke Loose the pints are crap and its always too packed it normally takes about 15 minutes to get a drink, the music is always too loud and no-one can hear anything, if i want loud music i go clubing but i go to the pub to talk and have a laugh not get blown out of it by Shaggy or whoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    da biggist sh!thole in ireland has to be dannos in clonmel!!!!! the only reason why any1 goes there is cos its the biggest club here (1200 ppls)
    the club itself is alright, it's the music that sucks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Id imagine the music is an integral part of the club so it thats crap so is the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 princesspolly

so what pubs?clubs in cork would you reccommend...pep...?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by Ruaidhri
    naw.ye aint lived till you have been in Formula 1 in Loughrea(aka Ringo's)
    it's full of underage
    the bouncers suck dick
    the pints are akin to slop(and are probably drained from the urinals)
    the couches/seats SUCK
    and did i say it smells of redneck?
    it's right across from the mart.

i think it will win hands down.even stephen will back me up on this one :)

this sh!thole gets my vote, i started going there when i was 16, back in the day. tis an absolute dive full of loughrea knackers.
    theres at least 2 fights inside the club every night.
    ive even seen fellas hit girls in there.
    the bouncers are fools.
    its been caught for underage drinkers and drugs so many times that they changed the name from Ringos to Formula 1 and when they did that all they did was put up a couple of pictures of cars inside.

dive numero uno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

For the absolute dumps in public entertainment go to planet murphys on camden street. Guaranteed to make you cry with despair at the sad state of what society has turned to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bob Sakamano

GiGi s gets my vote, you get frisked when you go in thats right FRISKED, if you re up for a bit of staby staby thats the place to go to. Also everyone seemed to be 5 ' 2 "we ll give you gold".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

GiGi's is like drinking in a fcking cave! Hate the place. Scumcity .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Q bar on the quays in dublin. I don't know if the place is cack, because I've never been let in before. Went there with a few mates, dressed very well, stone cold sober - bouncer stops me at the door and tells me I look hammered and wouldn't let me in. Still....they don't pay them for their brains, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It's not the greatest gaff in town but the chicks are usually a low-cut above the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Dammit, don't tell me that, you'll only make me want to go there more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

scraggs alley in carlow is ****e totally and utterley. worst night i ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gavquinn

Dicey's Garden. Went there a whole back for a work do. Got frisked and ordered around worse than border control, was told I HAD to check in my coat for a price, wasn't allowed bring my bag either, even though they had a search through that. I just refused their **** and left before paying the cover charge.
    No service at all, just undignified harassment from rude pussy bodybuilder door staff. No way, especially when asking a cover charge, charging €6 a pint, and so many fascist rules about attire and what you can bring in. **** them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Wow. 10 year old thread, that has to be a record.