Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refresh

Options
  • 16-02-2002 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Why do I keep having to refresh the forum pages even after entering them again. Its really annoying when switching between forums. Does this have something to do with cookies?Does this happen to everyone?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

are you by any chance using opera? i noticed it in it. not sure about any other browsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I am using opera at home and i noticed this. I also am looking for a quick fix.

After all I wouldn't want to not use the fastest browser on Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

i was using IE6 for a while today, and i noticed it happening aswell so it aint just an opera thing afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've never seen it happen at all in Opera... so it's certainly not "just" an Opera thing... if it's even an Opera thing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

usually if i am using explorer and i click on the back button in the top left-to go back to the main page it will not refresh. If i click on the boards.ie link at the bottom it will refresh the mainpage.

When i use opera it will not do this. It always loads the pages from memory(i think). Is there a way to stop it doing this Bard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

er... I dunno... I just said it doesn't happen like that for me.

You could, I suppose, reduce the side of your cache in the preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Im using IE5. Its only a problem when I use my home computer. It works fine in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

There's usually an option in all browsers to configure how often it should update it's cache i.e. every day, once per session, always etc. Just set it to always.
    That said, given the nature of this application, the admins should really be making use of no-cache headers, if they aren't already in place.

Advertisement