Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL in Ennis

Options
  • 16-02-2002 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

I am getting DSL on tuesday. I am in Ennis, getting it thru eircom trial, and was just wondering is there any problems or anything to note with it in Dublin and anywhere else? What connection speeds do you get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ennis is different to dublin

it been runign there for years, 1994 i think
    you can actually get a version of vdsl as well.
    dont expect teh service to be great, it was their first go and they made some feic ups alogn the way, btw this si totaly the wrogn forum for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

*cough* You'd probably have more luck asking on the 'Nets / Comms' board *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

i was in CS at the time when i went to write it and couldnt be arsd (with my siht connection an all) exiting and lookin for nets/comms .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

so yo ucant see the drop down menu were yo uare then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Moved to Net/Comms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

actually ISDN was standard in Ennis from 1994. I dont know when they switched to DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

The ADSL is running only OK-ish in Ennis at the moment, most users are still experiencing a lot of downtime, caused both by intermittent service as well as people with lack of ADSL knowledge fiddling with the setup on the user side.
    VDSL service is quite frankly crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

But you know wireless is the way to go
    No wires, no fuss :)

bas7ards came on tuesday, but d eircom line was ****ed up or something. said they'd come back friday. friday, they went in next door and after bout 20mins, they left and never came back. we rang eircom and they saisd they'd get back 2 us but they never did... :mad:

yay, they came yesterday. it is ****e. havent got a decent ping in cs yet, not below 85. its ****. can d/l songs fearly lively but it varies... one min i'd be gettin 50kbs per second and the next 3 or 4, which i would usually get on my 56k. Browsing the net isint much fasterthan my 56k, and my 56k modem was bollix. its pissin me off. vDSL is ****in ****e. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement