Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copy DVD onto CD-R

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

the program i have does rip the dvd to vcd format and it still wont play on my standalone dvd player which supports vcd format.

:confused:

iv got all that shi. programs and it copies grand onto a cd-r ,theres nothin wrong with dat the thing is that is wont work on dvd play it copied into vcd and does all that shi.t why wont it work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Osama

Originally posted by Chubby

Video CDs (VCD) uses the MPEG1 codec, picture resolution and bitrate is fixed so you can always fit about 60min of video onto a cd.

You can fit whatever minutes of video (in S/VCD format) your CD will take, typically 74 or 80.
    the program i have does rip the dvd to vcd format and it still wont play on my standalone dvd player which supports vcd format.

conZ: Theres a few compatibility issues that might be the problem. It's possible your DVD player doesn't read CD-R's though very unlikely, most do these days. A lot however don't read CD-RW's, thats not what your using is it? Theres also a difference between VCD and Super Video CD. Theres also the possibility that your DVD player just doesn't like the brand of CD's your using, some players are fussy. Whats the make and model of the player anyway? I'll look it up and see if it's a compatibility problem with your player.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

(sorry, posted wrong page)

just got my dvd player b4 xmas. its a black diamond-dont know what exact model(its too far away). it does support vcd. thinking about it now, i am using very sihte cds to record onto. ill burn it again tom morning and check back to this thread. sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Cheers for the info Chubby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sorry, just want to say something.
    I've just re-read Boston's earlier post.
    You are one of the most ignorant twats I've seen yet
    Boston:
    tell me this, how the hell are you going to copy a 9gb/4gb dvd to a 600-750mb cd.

you might have engaged the brain before buy this.

You. Dildo.
    How? Using Compression Algoritms to encode the video streams.

Why don't you try engaging your own brain before posting such tosh.

Sorry if I'm flaming but it annoys me when people, who are decent enough other times, act like such muppets.

makes me wonder if one of the kiddies from the CS boards have stolen his password.

Trash :(

Advertisement