Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-Stream in Ennis?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No, read my reply, its been in ennis since around 1994 when they won that digital town thing, they even have vdsl.

HE called it a trial buts its not really they charge you for the service afaik. Mayhem has it maybe you should talk to him

this guy btw is slighly incoherent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ennis??? ENNIS???

*sound of gun firing and body dropping to the ground*

(I would like to take this opportunity to remind Eircom that Cork is Irelands 'second city' and so should be next in line to get ADSL. And no I dont care about ennis being the info age town....)

C'mon eircom... (in the immortal words of the monty python clan) "Get on with it"

</end hysterical rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

No, in 1994 most people were issued with ISDN. I knew a few people down there with it. I have no idea when they started rolling out dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

They've also been trialling AODI down in Ennis too according to Chris Horn's e-City doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I second the motion to bring ADSL to Irelands largest county next - CORK!

• Advertisement

well tuff luck, its going to limerick next, and thats a fact.

Originally posted by Boston
    well tuff luck, its going to limerick next, and thats a fact.

Bit of a cheeky arogant twat aren't you? Judging by your other posts too....

u<15? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

ya shut the fukc up boston,-ur really annoyin me.
    ennis is the "information age town". about fu king time we got sumtin decent outta it. £15million and all we got was a few comps for 4 skools with ISDN (about 30 computers worked off 1 ISDN line so it was still siht slow!!!), sh tty computers(for which we still had to pay £300 tax on) and a sh tty line. one or two families got ISDN and a mad comp - lately upgraded to ADSL and soon to be VDSL. its only now regular households got comething decent out of it. in 1998 they got ISDN and a while back, ADSL.
    Its about fu king time-cheap eircom bstards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

One more flame and this whole thread is going in the Recycle Bin. I'll feel totally justified in doing it too, since it's my thread.

Also, there is no definite information on where and when a DSL service will be released next, and there's /certainly/ no information on where a consumer/SOHO product will be released.

Stick with facts please.

adam

Exactly dahamsta , Im sick 'n' tired of ppl jumping down other ppl's throats for making innocent comments.

• Advertisement

dont worry dahamsta, i dont flame newbies.

carbsy, the fact is their are adsl upgrade excahnges allready in limerick. So yes limerick will be next, why lead these people into being disapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Nevermind ennis, what about shannon :((

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Now that the flaming and misinformation has stopped, can we get some actual information on DSL in Ennis?

we know it hasnt been there since 94, so when did it appear? Id like to know how the VDSL implementation is working out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Here's something I found through google on the project in general, it mentions some stuff about ADSL, might be of some interest.

http://www.digitalcity.jst.go.jp/cosmos/4_ORAL3/1_Quillan.pdf

well according to mayhem its pretty crap dustin

Advertisement