Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this is getting depressing...

Options
  • 17-02-2002 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

we've been about 7 months now without a flat rate internet, and my bills over those months are well over €1 grand, And im not online nearly as much as i would be with IOL nolimits... so far, we've received little or no help from Eircom on the matter..

whenever questioned about a flat rate internet, Eircom simply says that the econemy isnt suitable.

no,Eircom just cant stand to not make as much profit as they can.. sure, cable is in some areas in dublin, but when'll these reach all over ireland? it'll probably be quite a long wait until it reaches even waterford.

Does anybody have the slightest idea when this nightmare will end, I cant keep paying out so much on the net :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

dont be depressed, i was, till i learned not to give a damn, then eircom droped adsl in my lape 3 months later. life is strange sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

i still have no limits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I know the feeling Tizlox, i had high bills for 6 months thru isdn then i got rid of my isdn at home at xmas, so no more high bills anymore for me. I'll wait as long as it takes for flat-rate of some kind to come out.
    I now connect to net from work only !!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

Lol.
    My Phone bill's going to come to like, 1200Euro
    I'm not paying it either.

If Eircom have me up in court, I'll use it as a prime example of how Eircom is screwing this country over, **** getting 5 years in prison.

P.S. : I mean that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

So you dont think that you should pay for a service you have used?

I am not supporting eircom's position but I mean in all fairness, you were fully aware of how much it costs to access the internet before you started..

Now on the other hand if eircom started charging you more without warning you would have a decent case.

If you dont like paying €1200 bills, then dont make €1200 worth of calls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

rymus: plus the fact that they can now use the post he just made against him in court. Jail time baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 niknak

dont be silly-eircom wouldnt know how :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Look on the bright side, now that they sold Eircell, it's just a matter of time before they go bust. Roll on (or out) the cable connections!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by 2040
    i still have no limits...

i still have it too but its not exactly "no-limits" anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

Your lucky to still have your "no-limts", because i recived my phone bill from Eircom today, and it was €639 for just one month :/
    Reason its so high is, i got isdn installed... and I was using an oceanfree no. (that i got from the oceanfree dialer, which told me it was my local number) but it was actaully costing me the pric of a national call everytime i dialed up to the net :|
    + Eircom F*cked up and forgot to switch off my other line, which wassent needed because i had two from isdn.

All in all my mam + dad are pretty pissed :/
    and my mam was on the phone with eircon and oceanfree for ages today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

just look at this..

in america, it costs about $20 a month to get flat rate cable internet, at about 100kbs.

in ireland, its about 1.3grand to have duel ISDN's at about 20kbs.

I have a good mind to phone up eircom and take a peice out of them.. again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

If i was living in germany or something, i could get some massive leased line, for alot less then what my last bill was :(

God i hate irelands net situation

It's not just the net situation i hate.. I don't mean to flame ireland and such, but com'on the roads are a joke. The racism is gettin worse. Nobody wants to come here anymore (tourists). The prices of everything is going up faster than a jet. I dunno, it's a very expensive country to live in. In holland you can get a crate of grolsch for €10 (24 33cl bottles) over here it costs between €42 - €45!!! Export charges and such cannot be that expensive! And if that was the case (local beer/stout being cheaper cause it's made here) then why is Kinsale larger expensive as hell as well. I dunno.. Sorry about the rant in this thread. I get carried away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by sjones
    then why is Kinsale larger expensive as hell as well. I dunno.. Sorry about the rant in this thread. I get carried away.

Completely offtopic I think. /me looks at his 10 bottles of kinsale lager that he got for free.

Not completely of topic, discussing prices of internet and i bring up that it's not just inet, it's everything....

Advertisement