Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vortex PCI Error

• 16-01-2001 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Get this error and a Win98 blue screen when I install the card. Card is a Vortex Aureal au8820. I've been searching all day and can't pin it down although theres some mention of a conflict with my abit kt7 mobo. Tried diff PCI slots - no good. Anyone else seen this or alternatively point me to some beta drivers or somesuch ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I have heard that these 2 items basically wont work together... its not affected by bios settings so all you can do is try every pci slot, and more drivers. Also, try disabling acpi, if you have win2k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PJ Hunt

It seems that Creative have taken over Aureal and simply dumped www.aureal.com with no explaination or forwarding address.
    They do not intend to further develop or maintain anything to do with A3D. I had to look for some vortex drivers recently and found them here http://www.vortexofsound.com/drivers/drv_v19x.htm

This site also has a pretty good forum where you might get some answers to your prob..

Hope this helps..

‡PJ‡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Thx to you both.
    New sound card methinks.

Advertisement