Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes! Shoes! I love shoes!! (plus the ctyi recordbooks...)

Options
  • 17-02-2002 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

I am getting new shoes! Shoes! THey are Bloch dance sneakers. The boost DRT II type and they have silver mesh on the top and cherry red soles!!!!! I am so excited!!!! (theyre a very late christmas present).

WHee!

I think i get to go shoe shopping on monday (day off, yesssssss! dont brag about getting weeks off around lc or something. i dont understand the phenomenon. someone should explain this leavingcerts thing to me. )

One time i was at cty american and my friend's RA brought 25 pairs of shoes, and we thought that had to be a record, but the writing and poetry teacher brought 27 pair. he was a weirdish one. but cool. he had a neat watch.

does anybody know the record for most shoes brought to ctyi at one session by one person? i was just wondering. and also, what about other ctyi records? bring out your weird feats everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

As a bit of a veteran of these boards, I thought I'd seen it all.

I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Oh my 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

err hmm k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by alaskagirl
    does anybody know the record for most shoes brought to ctyi at one session by one person?

honestly, I don't really care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I think i have the record for fewest: 3 this year.
    I like the sound of those ones with the cherry red soles!
    Other records:
    Who had the most money swallowed up in the x-building machines?
    How old were the donuts?
    Who lost the most weight through lack of food?
    Who were the oldest/youngest at s1 2001?
    Who brought the most cd's?
    Who brought the most suitcases?
    Who drank the most snapple?
    etc,etc,etc

MANGO MADNESS RULES!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i didnt bring any shoes - but i was wearing a pair when i turned up.

I also brought a full desktop computer, a stereo and about 50 cds - and about 2000 mp3 on my computer

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You, you Mariah Carey, Imelda Marcos wannabee, you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

I greatly admire Imelda Marcos. Anyone who manages to own 13,000 pairs of pink shoes without getting bored of the colour deserves some kind of award.

Xtine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

at session 2,it had to be tom hanley.when i started building the snapple(or music,the more correct term) tower,he'd hand me about six bottles a day.

i'm not really into shoe-shopping.it just doesn't do it for me

Originally posted by Christine
    I greatly admire Imelda Marcos. Anyone who manages to own 13,000 pairs of pink shoes without getting bored of the colour deserves some kind of award.
    Oh, I thought it was only about 450 pairs, Mariah Carey was on MTV the other day and had a dessing room (in her house) dedicated to shoes. The room was twice the size of my bedroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I think Sven had the most CDs with him... circa 64 I believe. And he purchased many more while there.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Hey alaskagirl, thislink is for you! And happy Birthday! I was gonna type out happy birthday to you... but i'm really tired! Had my mid term last week! Too much partying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hmmmm.... Cormac bought me snapple cause of one of the (many) bets he lost with me.... which one was that for?

oh oh oh. that was the freaking out one! :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

It was 69 cds.
    And i left with 72.

So there you go.

Plus ... hows about conspiracy theories? Like whether the orange juice was powdered or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

stereo_steve

i was just wondering, who are you? sorry im a bit of a featherbrain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

there was orange in the orange-water. it was proven when someone who is highly allergic to oranges drank some and was fine :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hmmm.....technically i had no shoes, only a pair of runners.

which don''t count as shoes. and Sico, you should realise that the CTYI board sets all kinds of precendents every day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Who am I? Why I'm the one and only stereo_steve! I'm no one you know if thats what your wondering! And I actually am a very bad shoe shoper so I probably shouldn't be posting here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

I remember in 2000 that the biotech class ran some tests on the orange juice. It had more fat in it than a handful of peanuts, but I can't recall whether or not they detected any citric acid whatsoever.

Xtine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

funny, i thought it was us (bio systems) who tested the orange juice. i must have been mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

You were right Cait, twas biosystems that tested the orange juice. Biotech proved that CTYI milk has a bacterial concentration about the same as the average spitwad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Re: who lost the most weight.

I went from 8 or 9 stone down to 7. it was quite worrying :D

I still havent put that weight back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I lost .75 of a stone in the first 5 days (sunday to thursday).

At the end i was down 1.5 .... nyom those chocolate eveil yum muffins :)

Still down most of it thankfully!

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

how much is a stone? i lost 15 lbs., but i dont know the equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Strangely I didn't manage to lose any weight at CTYI...

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i lost some weight,but i don't know how much.all i know is that my dungarees usually sit on my hips,and they wouldn't do that by the end of ctyi,i'd have to wear them properly.

Originally posted by alaskagirl
    how much is a stone? i lost 15 lbs., but i dont know the equivalent.

Imperial: 16 ounces in a pound, 14 pounds in a stone and I think 8 stone in a hundredweight, 20 hundredweight in a ton. American is different.

1 ounce ~= 28.5 grammes
    1 pound ~= 454 grammes

Advertisement