Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geforce 4 Prices (estimate)

• 17-02-2002 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

GeForce 4 Ti 4600 - ~ $399 €424.65

GeForce 4 Ti 4400 - ~ $299 €315.88

GeForce 4 Ti 4200 - ~ $199 €210.09

GeForce 4 MX 420 - ~ $99 €104.30

GeForce 4 MX 440 - ~ $129 €135.59

GeForce 4 MX 460 - ~ $139 €156.45

GeForce 4 MX 420 - 250MHz core, 166 MHz SDR SDRAM (64Megs)

GeForce 4 MX 440 - 270MHz core, 200 MHz DDR SDRAM (64Megs)

GeForce 4 MX 460 - 300MHz core, 275 MHz DDR SDRAM (64Megs)

GeForce 4 Ti 4200 - 300MHz core, 275MHz DDR SDRAM (550MHz) (128Megs)

GeForce 4 Ti 4400 - 300MHz core, 275MHz DDR SDRAM (550MHz) (128Megs)

GeForce 4 Ti 4600 - 300MHz core, 325MHz DDR SDRAM (650MHz) (128Megs)

These are US prices so obviously they will be a bit more expensive if buying from UK and god knows how much more expensive they will be in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Its a pity u wont be able to buy them in ireland for them prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Congratulations. Here's a KICK IN THE FACE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

anybody know WHen are they coming out over here , i need a new bigon G-card

prob have to wait ages though no less,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Static M.e.
    anybody know WHen are they coming out over here , i need a new bigon G-card

prob have to wait ages though no less,

Creative labs press release on their irish website is slated for the end of this month (so probably next week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

also, the Ti 4200 is another couple of months from being launched, it's specs not even confirmed yet, exect around 275/250 (core/memory)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

But is the card worth it - at the end of the day the Geforce 3 dosent do too much above the Geforce 2 GTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I was told its not worth spending my money on.

Give it about a month in the market and the prices of the Geforce3 will plumit just like the Geforce2. You will be able to get a Geforce3 for the same as a Geforce2 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

They usually bring out something new every six months or so, so yeah you wouldn't be waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

From dabs the 4600 works out at around €650.. Better be damned good for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

GeForce 4 MX 440 - ~ $129 €135.59

These are US prices so obviously they will be a bit more expensive if buying from UK and god knows how much more expensive they will be in Ireland.

MARX-COMPUTERS: Geforce4 MX-440 tv-out €234.00 incl vat

a tad more expensive.......:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

as per previous MX jobbies these ones SUCK if like someone to convince me other wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The most sickening thing about the UK prices is that the Creative Labs base of distribution for Europe is Blanchardstown. Everything is shipped in from teh US. Therefore, UK prices should be dearer than ours because they have extra shipping to put on again. Sickening isn't it to see their prices lower than ours :(

Same with the likes of the Intel chips. Made over here, sent to the Uk and then sold back to us at marked up rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Originally posted by timeout
    I was told its not worth spending my money on.

Give it about a month in the market and the prices of the Geforce3 will plumit just like the Geforce2. You will be able to get a Geforce3 for the same as a Geforce2 today.

Oh baby. Finally a GF3 in my price range!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villiros

Give it about a month in the market and the prices of the Geforce3

Unfortunately, gf4 is supposed to replace gf3. So instead of drop in prices we are more likely to see gf3 disappearing.
    Btw, from quite extensive review of gf4 (here and here, if you can read russian ;) graphs are self-explanatory though...), gf4 ti is basically a "tuned" version of gf3ti -- higher operating frequency, some bugfixing, a (very) slight bit of new features, and that's all. And gf4mx isn't nice card at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

just realised looking atthis that it took bleedin ages for manufsctures to use gf2 mx's instead of the tnt2's they were shipping - i assume the same will be in place so for joe sixpack who buys generic machine of dell he wont see a gf4 till we are drooling over our new gf6's

0_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

For those of u who can't read russian but have got the nack of that other foreign language English ye can look here for another indepth review: :)geforce4

and while everyone is giving out that the geforce4 mx is ****, it looks like a better cheap upgrade option for peoples who don't have the cash to burn, like myself :o , than a geforce2 ti, i.m.o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

Before you spend all yer money on Geforce4 MXs bear in mind that they dont have the features of their bigger brothers..
    The Geforce3 Ti 200 will be better value than the 4MXs when the
    games use those features..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i believe in the tomshardware way of buying things when a new card is brought out buy the old one :)
    i bought a gforce3 ti 200 for 110 euros 2 weeks ago granted it was at cost price from a mate who works in a distributor.
    Getting me prices on the g4 ti 4600 .not getting one . im happy with the ti200 does a fine job .
    kdja

Advertisement