Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

riddle or whatever

• 17-02-2002 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Theres this guy walking down the middle of the street langers drunk after a session in the pub. The streetlights arent on, theres no moonlight showing and a car without its lights on comes speeding down the street towards yer man and hes dressed all in black. The cars heading straight for him, but at the last second swerves to avoid him. How does the fella in the car see the fella on the road?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

He probably saw him with his eyes!

Seriously though it was daytime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

ehm.. yeah...

Sorry I kinda ruined that one! Heres one for you!

With pointed fangs it sits in wait,
    With piercing force its doles out fate,
    Over bloodless victims proclaiming its might,
    Eternally joining in a single bite.
    What am I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Vry good! I thought it would take ags for somone to gt th ansr to that on! N ida what th answr to your on is! Any clus?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

hh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There was actually a whole book written with words without the letter E. Some guy then translated the book into French and managed to write the whole book again without the letter E.

:E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

any answers for the above riddles ?
    #
    anyone, anyone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

The only one without an answer is stereo_steves one and i think that i have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    Sorry I kinda ruined that one! Heres one for you!

With pointed fangs it sits in wait,
    With piercing force its doles out fate,
    Over bloodless victims proclaiming its might,
    Eternally joining in a single bite.
    What am I?

Warning! Answer!
    A stapler?

It was a stapler! Heres another one.

During WWII, there was a bridge connecting Germany and Switzerland, and on the German side, there was a sentry tower with a guard in it. He would come out every three minutes to check on the bridge, and he had orders to turn back anyone who tried to get into Germany, and shoot anyone trying to escape without a pass. There was a woman who desperately needed to get into Switzerland, and she knew she didn't have time to get a pass. It would take her at least six minutes to cross the bridge, but she managed to do it. How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

no "e"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

At a guess:

The woman could walk out onto the bridge whilst the guard is inside, turn to face germany and wait for him to come out. He would probably just turn her away then and she could take as long as she likes to cross the bridge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Or the woman could be the guard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

What have I got in my Pocket?

(for all you loard of the rings fans)

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

Stephen you were right. The lady walks onto the bridge for a while and then heads back towards the direction she was coming from. The guard sends her across the bridge, thinking he has refused her.

Here's the final one!

How can you physically stand behind your friend as he physically stands behind you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Stand back to back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    The guard sends her across the bridge, thinking he has refused her.

What a stupid guard. Not doing a good job is he?
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Well, if no one has answered the first one already its because of daylight - who said it was dark ?

Not sure on the second one but its always somthing obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

An man with no eyes saw apples on a tree, he took no apples, but he left no apples... how can this be??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

He dropped an.....E ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

if he had no eyes how could he see them on the tree

A not so difficult one.

A guy is carrying a barrel from one room to the next, the barrel is filled with grain, this is too heavy for him, so he puts somthing in the barrel to make it lighter - what does he put in the barrel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

a hole?:)

Helium

He woke up

Yes it was a hole.

A bomber is flying over germany, over its tarrget they open the bay doors hit the release mechanism for the bombs, everything is Aok - no jams or red lights but no bombs drop - why ?

• Advertisement

T'is upside down.

There is a carrot and a small pile of stones lying in the middle of a beautiful green field... why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

A bomber is flying over germany, over its tarrget they open the bay doors hit the release mechanism for the bombs, everything is Aok - no jams or red lights but no bombs drop - why ?

No Bombs on the plane to begin with??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

a melted snowman.

A prisoner trying to escape from a prison comes to two doors with a guard at each. One guard only tells lies, the other only tells the truth but he doesnt know which one does what. One door leads to freedom the other one leads to death. He can only ask one of the guards one question.

He asks one of the guard a question and using his answer he knows which door leads him to safety.

what does he ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

He asks them what colour the door is.

Is that right?

Im afraid not.

He can only ask one question

Asking what colour the door is will not tell him whats behind the door. Just which one is the liar.

Must be something like "Are you a liar?" mixed with a question of if he is in front of the good door... maybe?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Pugwash
    He asks them what colour the door is.

Is that right?

He still wouldn't know which one to go through.

The answer is to ask one guard if the other will say he has the door to freedom, so if the answer was yes, then that means...ah Jesus I'm confused, but I think that's the right answer. Can anyone explain it? :confused:

OK OK OK i'll tell yes <SHEESH> :)

You go up to one of the guards and ask him "if i were to ask the other guard which door to go through what would he say?"

you then go through the other door

Reason being:

The guard who tells the truth would be telling the truth about a lie.

The guard who lies would be lying about the truth.

Simple!!:)

AHA it all makes sense now

You ask one of the men this question:
    "What would he say if I asked him which is the way out?"
    Then when you get the answer run to the other door.
    Here is the logic to this:
    The guy that tells the truth will truthfully tell you the lie. In other words he would say that the guy that lies would lie about the one door being the exit. Hence the other door would be the exit.
    And the one that lies? If you asked him that he would just lie about it, since the guy that tells the truth would tell you the right way. Therefore he would lie and tell you the wrong way. :D

Spot on George. The only problem is your time in posting!! It just looks like you copied my solution :)

I was typying it up when you stuck yours in - hmmm yours is much more simple!

• Advertisement

I typed mine aswell. I heard that riddle wen i was about 10 so i was wondering if id get the solution mixed up (as i usually do)

Ahhh, but I was pretty much spot on, except the explanation confused me, and maybe I didn't word it too well. That's a good one

Ok heres another 1.

You are in a room and on the wall are 3 switches. One of them controls the light in the next room and the other 2 are duds.

You cannot see throught the door so you have no way of telling whether the light is on unless you open it and check BUT you can only do so once. How would you definately find out which switch controls the light.

Oh btw was i right with the snowman one?

Ok lads, open this pic

Basically what we want is for a row of 4 circles going down and 4 going across by moving only one circle.

Can you switch two switches at one time??

Yes Snowman in a field of beauty

Can you open the door and flick the switches ?

All actions regarding the switches must be carried out before the door is opened

If you throw two switches it seems that you have a 66% chance of finding the right one- if no light is on it is the unswitched switch - if the light is on it is a toss up between the two, but otherwise I'm tree stumped:confused:

Originally posted by Neil3030
    Ok heres another 1.

You are in a room and on the wall are 3 switches. One of them controls the light in the next room and the other 2 are duds.

You cannot see throught the door so you have no way of telling whether the light is on unless you open it and check BUT you can only do so once. How would you definately find out which switch controls the light.

This is something like, you switch one switch for five minutes, then off, then turn on the second switch and open the door. If the the light is off, feel the bulb, if it's warm it was the first switch if not then it's the third one.... aha,I remember a mate telling me that one

• Advertisement
Advertisement