Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

riddle or whatever

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Is this it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Or maybe switch two switches half way and see which one buzzes from the electricity, if neither buzz then its the other one.

Solved and burnt my arm in the process:D

Yeh doc spot on.

Speaking of dots HOW THE FUC....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by EvilGeorge
    Ok lads, open this pic

Basically what we want is for a row of 4 circles going down and 4 going across by moving only one circle.

Are you saying like just move the 3rd circle on the horizontal row, to the other end??? That's it, or am I missing the point?

George can u put us out of our misery please!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

It has to be 4 circles horizontally and 4 vertically.

THE ANSWER:

Bah :(

Man gets into an elavator in a hospital , having left his wife in her ward. The lights flicker and went out for a second , how at that moment did know his wife had just died ???

• Advertisement

Then give me the electric chair for all my future crimes...

I dont think they give you the chair in a hospital!

Post the answer tomorrow I'm off home - only post at work 'cause I've nothing better to do.

Originally posted by EvilGeorge
    I dont think they give you the chair in a hospital!

Ive been in a chair in an Irish hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Man gets into an elavator in a hospital , having left his wife in her ward. The lights flicker and went out for a second , how at that moment did know his wife had just died ???

Oh come on people!
    Wife was hooked up to a life support machine or thingy that breathes for her. Either way,without power=Machine go off,woman die.

Heres some

Joe Magician who was a magician amazingly enough got an egg and dropped it 2 feet in the air below to the ground. However the egg didnt break. How come? The ground is very hard and pointy now.

Paddy Joe was knackered after a hard days work. He went to bed at 11pm,wound his alarm clock and set it for 8am the next morning. Assuming he will wake up when he hears the clock go off,how many hours of sleep will he get?

What time did he go to sleep at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

was the egg a FABARGÉ EGG ? you know the type, made of jewels and that like ?
    in fact, was it an organic egg at all ? just an egg shaped object

dunno bout that paddy one tho....

• Advertisement

What time did he go to sleep at?

Lets say he pops off to sleep immediately.
    was the egg a FABARGÉ EGG ? you know the type, made of jewels and that like ?

Its a normal egg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The egg was hard boiled?

I know the answer to the second one I just cant remember it.

He gets 9 hours sleep. I'm nearly sure you got that riddle wrong though. Then again I may be wrong

I think it should be like

Paddy Joe was knackered after a hard days work. He went to bed at 10pm,wound his alarm clock and set it for 11am the next morning. Assuming he will wake up when he hears the clock go off,how many hours of sleep will he get?

Paddy Joe was knackered after a hard days work. He went to bed at 10pm,wound his alarm clock and set it for 11am the next morning. Assuming he will wake up when he hears the clock go off,how many hours of sleep will he get?

Assuming he goes to sleep str8 away 13 hours yeh?

Riddle 1
    Joe Magician who was a magician amazingly enough got an egg and dropped it 2 feet in the air below to the ground. However the egg didnt break. How come? The ground is very hard and pointy now.

Answer:
    He dropped it from 3 feet in the air.

Riddle 2
    Paddy Joe was knackered after a hard days work. He went to bed at 11pm,wound his alarm clock and set it for 8am the next morning. Assuming he will wake up when he hears the clock go off,how many hours of sleep will he get?

You cant wind an alarm clock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Ri-ra

Originally posted by Mark1million
    Riddle 2

You cant wind an alarm clock

Ehhh... I have an clock with a bell that I wind every night. The bell is stuck repeatedly by a clock-work hammer mechanism at a specified time. Why is that not an alarm clock?

yeah rí-rá has a point.
    I edited the riddle to compensate for that.
    The answer to mine was one hour because with a wind up alarm clock it cant distinguish between am and pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Does anyone remember those riddles from when you were a kid which could fool the person yout old them to into thinking that you could read their mind???

Example: (everyone try this as I go)

Think of a number between 1 and 10.

Multiply it by 9.

If you have a 2 digit number - add those numbers together (eg) 61 ...6 + 1 = 7. If you simply have a one digit number, leave it at that.

Now, subtract 4 from that number.

Now, convert your number to a letter, according to order (eg) a = 1, b = 2, c = 3...and so on in that fashion.

Now, with that letter, think of a large animal (no birds allowed).

Now, think of the colour of that animal.

Now, think of an English speaking country that begins with the same letter as that animal.

Chances are, you were thinking...
    elephant
    grey
    England

:)

Ahh, those things never worked ...... well for me anyway.

Advertisement