Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was hit on the head by a ball of platonic love

Options
  • 18-02-2002 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Damn young 'uns. Them and their music!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

This has to be the most pointless thread not to have been started by me

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Commonly unknown fact.

Plato was a homosexual, so when people use the the phrase "Platonic love" to be pedantic you could mean homosexual love despite the axiomatic meaning of "Platonic love".

Monkey say
    / :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

plato was sexually diverse, im not sure you could catagorise him.
    :p

Diverse ok, hmm the point being that 'Platonic' is commonly catagorised as being 'non-physical' but, as Plato was himself 'sexually diverse' I would suggest that 'Platonic love' can be interpreted in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Platonic Love is great. why do people have to argue about the sexuality of someone who died several centuries ago.

So where did this all spring from Sven?

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement

All I'm saying is that the notion of 'Platonic relationships' is usually supposed to mean 'non-physical' but as Plato was himself 'diverse' Platonic can also mean diverse.

Of course hoplites were encouraged to take other male lovers within the ranks of the hoplites, to make them fight that bit harder to revenge or protect a lover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

Enough nit-picking. Let's all share the love, platonic or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

it came from somewhere behind my skull but before my brain...

i think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grace

Sven, you're as crazy as ever. Guess who it is! No where is safe from me now... Until I return to the dear emerald isle, lose all sanity, access to the internet, and all that shopping..... Leaving cert, wahhhh!!!! I'm hoping someone knows who I am by now. I know I'm raving, all I've done the last 3 days is shop, eat and drink. Just thought I'd tell you I love you all. In a platonic love kinda way. (See this is relevant!) The platonic type is so much better than any other, mainly cause I didn't get anything for valentines, and Im bitter, horribly bitter. And no sven I'm not stoned. Reunion this sat? I need to alleviate the guilt of all the money I've spent. I love Manchester. And now I must go home, but first to Chinatown! Is it just me or does this place get really boring after the summer? Maybe it's just me. I keep saying bloody 'ell in that weird english way. Losing the will to live... so tired.
    just shut up now grace. don't post replies ppl, I'll see y'all this weekend if my plane doesn't take a plunge. Damn I think I jinxed myself.
    Love, bubbles, and some bloody good french wine,

Grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hehe, i know Grace won't be able to read this but anyway,

Hello!

This just shows how bored i am at the moment: i am replying to a post by someone who won't be able to read it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Yeah, tell me about it!

Can't wait till saturday though- Hopefully i won't be all raining and miserable.....

Advertisement