Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2k, No Mouse

• 19-01-2001 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

I reinstalled win2k there last night and it seemed like another peachy install until i rebooted the machine and i had no ****ing mouse! I wouldnt mind but i had been using win2k since it came on the internet months ago without trouble.

I removed it to play a copy of delta force 2 i got off a mate (wont work without directX) and reinstalled 98. I got a fit of installing last night and stuck 98 on a 2 gig partition and 2k on a 4 gig one. I'm using 98 now full time but i wanna use 2k waaa, waaaa, waaaaa.

Anyone know why it wont detect my simple ps/2 mousey. I have an ancient serial port mouse and it registers that right away. problem is I only have one comm port so its either the mouse or my modem. Oh and the mouse works fine on 98. I'm totally confused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by beserker:
    I removed it to play a copy of delta force 2 i got off a mate (wont work without directX) and reinstalled 98.</font>

at this point and time i will be the first to point out that win2k uses directX 7 and 8. you get 8 from the update site

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Om nyom, USB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, i used to have problems with my switch box inwork. but then i figured out that if i have my NT machine on, the mouse is not detected on my win2k pc and there for the drivers are not loaded..
    my pint, well, i wanted to share that with you.
    is your mouse being detected?
    try reinstalling a standard mouse on win2k

Advertisement