Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"skip links"

Options
  • 18-02-2002 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

When on a dialup, I prefer to use a text-only browser, such as lynx. When doing this, I have to scroll past 4 pages of links that I shouldn't need to. Now.. imagine how this is for someone who has to use something like a screenreader to use this site - after 5 minutes, the thing would still be reading out the nav links on the left-hand-side.

So hows about providing a "skip links" link?

It's real simple.. throw in a 1x1 blank gif, with the alt of "skip links", with a link to an anchor point at a more suitable part of the page.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

thats similar to something that was suggested before by bard.

His idea was to make the links optional in the user cp, so you could go in and untick the box, and no longer would they appear.

This is just posted as an alternative for the powers that be and im sure obeygiants idea would be much easier to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Baz_
    thats similar to something that was suggested before by bard.

His idea was to make the links optional in the user cp, so you could go in and untick the box, and no longer would they appear.

I don't recall suggesting that.... - sounds like a good idea, though - yay me :)

Advertisement