Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Online News Channel?

Options
  • 18-02-2002 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I had to laugh when I read the Sunday Tribune yesterday , Andy Ruaine has launched an online news channel (based in Mount Street). what was annoying about the article is they didnt mention the URL!? Anyone know it?

What made me laugh is it is aimed at people with broadband connections ;-) That coupled with the ADSL article in the times on Friday make this situation incredible.

2002 and still on 56k at home!!?!? Argh I am going mad!?!?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What section was it in Gunn4r?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

http://irelandlivetelevision.tv/

edit: oh and it's aimed at people on broadband connections and not in ireland: "BROADCASTING LIVE TO THE GLOBAL IRISH POPULATION OF OVER 70 MILLION PEOPLE"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

They must have a heap of bandwidth available :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

If my knowledge of Dublin is right then Mount street is just off the canal at Clanwilliam place. If it is then it is only a few hundred metres from a load of fibre optic cable and stuff. I think that there is at least COLT, Worldcom, ESAT and Metromedia cables going down there.(not 100% about COLT-and Metromedia are only wholesalers)

So bandwith shouldn't be a problem!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

An Irish channel, just not for the Irish. How Irish.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by pete
    http://irelandlivetelevision.tv/

edit: oh and it's aimed at people on broadband connections and not in ireland: "BROADCASTING LIVE TO THE GLOBAL IRISH POPULATION OF OVER 70 MILLION PEOPLE"
    Yeah, you need to be global. I take this to mean that you have to travel on the globe a bit in order to get the appropriate connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Andy Ruane owns Anner International which is on upper mount street - Its just beside the Pepper Cannister Church.

Im looking forward to seeing how this works out for them because personally i see this type of thing as the way forward for internet broadcasting (targeted narrowband TV) as opposed to VOD.

Advertisement