Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witness

Options
  • 18-02-2002 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Possible bands lined up are Oasis, Alien Ant Farm :rolleyes:, Fun Lovin Criminals,

Shi7 Load more TBA.

Should be excellent FLC were savage last yr wen i saw them in the point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Aaaagh stupid FLC again, i disllike that band.
    The lead singer is a muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I hope thats only a possible line-up 'cos it doesn't look very strong to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Originally posted by Panda
    Aaaagh stupid FLC again, i disllike that band.
    The lead singer is a muppet.

You sir are going to hell.

The 11th commandment: Thou shalt not dis Hughey. He is the man.

He oozes coolness, is among the best living guitarists, brilliant live performer, has great interaction with the crowd, has an infinite supply of jokes AND endorses marijuana to the extent that there were fun loving criminal hash pipes sold at their gigs.

WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

fun loving criminal hash pipes sold at their gigs

that is pretty cool :D. i wouldnt go as far to say that he's among the best living guitarists tho. i have their first album. They're good. i dont like their latest loco steez tho :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

they are a lazy band who put little effort into their music these days and it shows.

the main stage at Witnness is always ****, it's mostly the more and rising stage that the goods acts play on.

Oasis are the worst band in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I've been told by a very reliable source that we could also see Jimmy Eat World, The Frames and The Strokes at witnness

Originally posted by Dermo
    ...Jimmy Eat World...

I'm there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Dermo
    The Strokes

count me in too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

The Frames! At Witnness, Holy ****! (sarcasm). Wilt, Turn, Feeder and David Kitt got in on it the last 2 years aswell so dont be surprised. Be nice to see a few different Irish bands doin something a bit different at it this year. Bit more heavy rock or metal and a bit of punk wouldnt be too bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jasmine

i dont really like the idea of oasis playing, there last album was pretty ****, not that i particularly dislike them or anything, but im a bit tired of them. jimmy eat world would be good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

Originally posted by Neil3030

He oozes coolness, is among the best living guitarists, brilliant live performer, has great interaction with the crowd, has an infinite supply of jokes AND endorses marijuana to the extent that there were fun loving criminal hash pipes sold at their gigs.

huey is to cool nu yoick-ness as foster & allen is to real irish rock'n'roll.
    i.e. completely phoney.
    This guy has seen a market where for some reason he is ridiculously populour and is playing it for all he is worth. If he tried to get away with this in the lower east side he would get his head kicked.
    just more lowest common denomenator pop if you ask me...

This thread was not started as a flame war against Hughey Morgan.
    just more lowest common denomenator pop if you ask me...

No one did.

Back to Witness:

How certain is it that the Strokes are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

well the guy I talked to was told that the Strokes, The Frames and JEW were all contacted and expressed interest in playing witnness, its just down to if everything works out, I really hope it goes through myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

feck witness

ozzfest is coming to ireland!!!!

ozzy is a god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

The frames were unbelivale last year and I missed out on tickets for the strokes at the olimpia another muck covered weekend to look foward to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Heard a rumour bout the Pogues playin cause of their Irish Roots. Can anyone confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Dont really care who's playing, Witnness is teh uber l33tist.

The main stage is less than magnificnt, but the tents are fanta.....

..wait a sec...
    Originally posted by sinus
    ozzfest is coming to ireland!!!!

...say what?!?!?

MORE INFO NEEDED!! GOOGLE.COM!! GOOGLE.COM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

The Frames are confirmed as headlining the main stage on the Sundat night. Spoke with the man, he say yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Surely the Frames aren't big enough to headline the main stage on Sunday, that's usually reserved for the biggest act of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

Heard the Supper Furry Animals are playing again this year, missed em last year, so I get second chance.

And wait for it DAVID GRAY is lined up to play too, that'll bring a plesant group of people, whom I'm lucky to know of, They will appear clutching oval shaped balls and collars, singing
    'Rock Boys Are We'
    No offence to David Gray fans but you know it is true a load of non-music lovers love David, I meet them every day EVERY DAY!!

Just got a hint off someone that *THE HIVES* are expressing an intrest in Playing.

As long as it don't rain I'm happy.:cool:

• Advertisement

Dandy Warhols (spelling???) are now on the playlist.

The Frames can NOT play the main stage on Sunday night, that's just wrong.

Dandy Warhols? Cool, that's two bands worth going for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

seeing as The Dandy Warhols have been mentioned. what is the name of the song they have out now. it is really catchy and must be downloaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You (Vodafone, sick of it at this stage)
    - Get Off (latest one on the music channels, class song)
    - Not if you were the Last Junkie on Earth. (great track)

Go forth and download.

<edit>
    Can I assume that Muse will be there?
    </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Oi Monkey!!! The Frames have a huge Irish following.
    They were unreal in the rising tent last year.
    Although its hard to say about the main stage, they could be amazing or they could be poor.

Did anyone else read the rumours in Hotpress?
    They named Oasis, The Frames and The Strokes ass possibles for the main stage.

Also dont judge Oasis on they're last album jasmine as they arefucking unreal live, they mostly play stuff from their other albums, and they have a new album comking out which i have heard good things about.

Oh and its WITNNESS with 2, count em, 2! n's

Gawd haven't the Strokes been forgotten yet?

Advertisement