Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember Europe a go-go?

Options
  • 18-02-2002 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Excuse me for a minute while I muse out loud, I was listening to Radar Love by Golden Earring this afternoon, and without warning
    I memory popped in to my head of a telly special which was braodcast across Europe in the 80s', the format as I remember
    was a live show with each country represented by one band.
    Golden Earring I think were on show for the Netherlands.

If I recall right Flo McSweeney presented the Irish link but I could be wrong, I cant remember the Irish band either.

Was the event even called Europe a Go-Go? Anyone esle remeber this no doubt seminal pan-contenental evening?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

i remember it, yeah! my radio idol and god alan bangs did some of the german presentation, and some madcap english guy did the bbc side of it. i shall be damned if i can remember any more about it, tho! *lol* senile dementia setting in... ;)

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ireland were represented by The Golden Horde.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaking of dodgy live TV music events, anyone recall
    SelfAid.

Agh! The idea of raising money for the unemployed now seems almost bizarre.

What happened to the money...

Mike.

Advertisement