Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Facts About Irish Gaming

Options
  • 18-02-2002 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

We've all heard them, "Ireland is the biggest games buying country per head of population in the world", "Ireland has more playstations per person than Japan" and so on, but I was wondering if anyone could source these and other tasty quotes to any valid source and even mention others that they've heard of in the past. Even quotes about the size of the software industry in Ireland would be good. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

The European Leisure Software Association LTD. http://www.elspa.com/ publish statistics like that i think, I don't know if they're "the" official ones, and I've searched their website and can't find any lists of these statistics, (maybe you'll have better luck) but I remember an English gaming site giving this organisation as the source of their statistic that "The UK is the third largest computer gaming market in the world. The general masses spent 1.6bn on games and consoles in 2001, behind Japan and USA."

Advertisement