Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A problem for DVD buffs

• 21-01-2001 1:50am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently, I got a new machine and amongst the spec is a Creative DXR3 DVD kit. To playback DVDs with this you run the loop cable from the graphics card to the DVD decoder card and run the monitor from that. Problem being that when using the Creative Playcenter, the playback is all "wave-y" smile.gif. I can only liken it to when my mobile rings beside the monitor. No amount of fiddling has cured this.

However using WinDVD, the playback is superb. Now I assume with WinDVD, its S/w playback, and therefore not as "good" as it were smile.gif, but being male, everything must be made faster and better smile.gif

Anyone got any thoughts or had similar problems?

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

stab in the dark, try enabling/disabling DMA on the drive?

lph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Hmmm, I have this card and I would say that you should go into the configuration area of the creative player and adjust the stability option. this should sort you out.

Advertisement