Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky News Active 8 Screens Now On !

• 19-02-2002 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

As the title says - Sky News Active has launched it's 8 screen service.

And very impressive it looks too. Much brighter than before.

Still haven't seen anyone eating their sandwiches on the Sky Centre feed. I suppose we'll just have to wait 'til lunchtime for that pleasure.

Probably the best thing is that you can now watch whichever screen you want while reading the text news (instead of having to watch the main news feed while reading text).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

excellent
    what are the different feeds/screens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

I have been trying to access the Sky News active service (it was supposed to launch today, right?).

There is nothing happening when you prtess the red dot. technical difficulties? Anyone in UK can confirm if it is working there?

Also, I think a really useful option for Irish viewers would be specific weather news (can't be that difficult to arrange) and a 'top Irish news story - most times there is a story with an Irish / Northern Irish dimension, so this couls also be easily done.

Imagine the possibilities if Sky Ireland were a broadcasting company, and not an advert sales outfit. The possibilities for custom programming and opt-out broadcasts ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

This has happened me in the past with some of the other interactive services. Usually rebooting by powering off at the mains - works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thanks Chinobi, that worked. The Active service is very good, seems to be a bit quicker, too. I think I prefer the new BBC text service, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

What is this 8 screen service thingy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

I really like the new Active service. The ability to change the ticker tape is good. I also like the brighter colours, and the ability to watch whichever feed you want while reading the text news is great (the fact that you couldn't was always the most irritating thing on the old service).

Of course it's still trotting behind the Beeb's excellent text service.

Although I've read somewhere that Sky is planning a new enhanced text service for later this year, which will allow you to see the TV picture at the same time, and have a "change channel" facility too.

Advertisement