Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do next??

• 19-02-2002 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

Any ideas what job I should go for next.

At the moment I am a yard man for a company that is closing down. My duties are: general tidyness, ordering materials, basic servicing of machines(loading shovel, mini diggers). Recently I have been out on site a little bit too. Here I would be digging a hole with the mini digger, while being careful not to tear up any cables that may be in the ground. I also am doing some CAD drawings for the engineer. I also do a little tech support for the guys in the office. Fixing minnor problems with pc's, installing isdn on a new line, networking a few pc's, that kind of thing. There was also a little carpentry, electrical and plumbing work done.

My question is what should I do next? At the moment i am on €500 + overtime(loads of that)+ a van. Where would I get a job, with my skills, that pays similar/better, in the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if thats 500+ plus after tax, i will quite my job and take your job.
    otherwise, nowhere that i can think of.

depends if you want to go into an office enviroment, do you want to work on a site, or whatever. or try and find a similar company or at least company set up and see if they have a position for a jack of all trades.

the only problem with changing jobs is that you generally start at a certain level and work up.

also, you dont appear to have ny specific skills, which you will have to rectify and that depends on what you want to do......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

You could start a recruitement agency and work hiring people in the following areas:

yard man
    ordering materials
    basic servicing of machines(loading shovel, mini diggers).
    digging holes with diggers
    CAD drawing
    tech support
    installing isdn
    networking
    carpentry
    electrical
    plumbing

You must do some savage hours!!
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JET

dear Joanna

if you would like to advertise onthis site, please feel free to contact myself or any of the admin. we will be only too happy to put up a banner ad for you in exchange for money.
    we will however, not allow you to advertise your service or product here without prior authorisation.
    if you have nay problems with this, please feel free to post up
    wwman

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by JET
    Hi
    blah blah blah blah

Regards

Joanna

Dont ya just hate this crap... they are like pests and get in everywhere...

Why is this crap not banned.. cause most of it is a load of sh*te...

I wouldnt mind but Ireland isnt even listed as a country that you can choose as your address..

whoever the hell Joanna is get a life...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It IS banned... I'm sure a WWMan will delete it when he sees it.

Joanna... this is for you:
    flamingmuppet.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement