Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bad news people

• 19-02-2002 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

please say it aint so
    please for the love of
    god no

harry potter is now the second
    bigest film of all time
    it just passed out star wars (tpm)

it now at 926 million but i am
    not sure on the numbers.

so we have ****e harry potter at number 2

and a remake with a ****e love story
    mixed in to the action at number 1

this is a big load of **** people

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Urgh. Disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by chunk 3:16
    harry potter is now the second
    bigest film of all time
    it just passed out star wars (tpm)

it now at 926 million but i am
    not sure on the numbers.

This probably merely means it it is the second biggest 'grossing' film (does not equating to viewings). This usually includes mechandise (toys, games, coke, McDonalds, etc.). And remember the 'gross' is probably limited to a particular time frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Sorry for sounding like and idiot, but what is at #1.

I will probably kick myself when you tell me.

[please check your pm chunk]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Internationally, it's Titanic (*shudder*)

http://us.imdb.com/Charts/intltopmovies

It seems in the US Top Grossing Films it's "only" at 7.

Thankfully, it's not in the IMDB Top 250 RATED film of all time. Seems on average it only got 7.5 out of 10.
    LOTR however seems to be number 2 on that list (which is a tad too optimistic, but still a good film).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Wouldn't pay any heed to that sort of thing, people just have more disposeable income these days, thus can afford to spend more time on leasurely activites such as going to the cinema etc.

IMO has no real bearing on how good a film is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ok, maybe I'm wrong. It says "Total Box Office", but also refers to 'gross'. Some of the figures sound quite vague ($100,000,000). I wonder if the figures are indexed for inflation, I suspect not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Oh no, a fun film that a lot of people enjoyed immensely has done well commercially. What shall we do! It's surely the end of humanity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Shinji
    Oh no, a fun film that a lot of people enjoyed immensely has done well commercially. What shall we do! It's surely the end of humanity!
    It is! oh feck it i knew i should of chnaged my undy's this mornin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

If it counts grossing and whatever does this mean we are all complient in this just cos we happened to buy Coca Cola towards the end of last year?Ive never liked the whole Potter craze-Ive never seen the book and never seen the film but I get the impression theres some kind of subliminal gay subplot to the whole thing.Or maybe not....

Advertisement